Acne Remedy: Use Toothpaste for An Instant Solution
What is Acne?
What if you wake up one morning and find an uninvited guest on you face? Yes, here we are talking about acne. Whiteheads, blackheads are common lesions seen in acnes. There are a number of chemical treatments one can pay for in order to get rid of the skin issues. However, people know the fact that the chemical and needle treatments also have their individual side effects. Every skin type is different from the other. Therefore not everyone gets the same result of clear skin with these treatments.
What Causes Acne?
Dirt, pollutions are the environmental reasons that lead to acne. Also, oily skin types are more prone to acne, as pimples are more often popped up on these skin types. Also, women are reluctant to scratch and break a pimple, whiteheads or blackheads that appear on their face, which leaves behind scars they are ACNE.
To deal with skin problems, one of the best remedies is to try out home remedies. The home remedies take a bit long period when compared to the chemical ones. But home remedies have lesser side effects when once starts to show results on your skin. One such home remedy for acne is toothpaste.
Factors that Contribute Toothpaste in Healing Acne
Toothpaste! Yes, one of the weirdest solutions for clearer skin, especially in dealing with acne. First, let us discuss that is Toothpaste effective when it comes to acne? Well, below we provide you some points that will make that clear real soon!
- The toothpaste has clotting property that helps to reduce swelling and redness. It also stops bacteria from infecting other pores on the skin.
- It contains anti-bacterial properties and a small amount of hydrogen peroxide, which helps in killing the bacteria.
- Its bleaching property heals the acne and other dark spots on the skin.
- Toothpaste has properties and ingredients of baking soda that exfoliates the skin and balances the pH level.
How does Toothpaste Heal Acne?
The main issue or any problem comes up only when you tend to choose wrong toothpaste for the remedy. There are a few times that one chooses wrong toothpaste, and eventually, you suffer from over dryness of the skin. Therefore, be careful while you choose your toothpaste to apply on your skin. Below we provide you the list of cautions that you should take to choose your toothpaste.
- Check the ingredients before you choose. Consider toothpaste that has baking soda, menthol, fluoride, hydrogen peroxide or the combination of two. You can also go for mint-based toothpaste.
- Natural and Ayurvedic toothpaste are the best because they contain less harsh chemicals.
- Avoid artificially colored toothpaste.
- Make sure you choose toothpaste, which does not contain any ingredient you are allergic to.
- Do not go for the gel toothpaste.
How is Acne to be Treated with Toothpaste?
Toothpaste can be applied on skin with different ways. You can choose any of the following ways and get you clear skin back.
- Toothpaste: Before applying toothpaste makes sure you use it with clean hands, to avoid bacteria from penetrating into your skin. Wash your face with a face wash. Then with your index finger use toothpaste on the acne. One can also use cotton balls to set the toothpaste evenly. Leave it for 1-2 hours. Do not leave it for overnight. Rinse with fresh water using your fingertips and massage in circular motion. Pat dry the face and apply a moisturizer as toothpaste makes your skin dry. Repeat the process once a day. Also, for a bonus trick use an ice cube and rub it on your face before you apply moisturizer.
- Toothpaste and Baking Soda: Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with half a teaspoon add 2 teaspoons of water until smooth. Apply it on the pimple and leave it for 5-10 minutes. Rinse with water and then pat dry. More that 10 minutes may cause irritation. Repeat the process daily.
- Toothpaste and Cinnamon: Cinnamon has antibacterial properties that de-clogs the pores and also helps in drying out the acne. Combine one teaspoon of Cinnamon and two teaspoons of toothpaste. Apply the paste on the pimple prone and pimple for 10 minutes. Rinse with water and pat dry. If the adhesive causes irritation before 10 minutes, then wash it off.
- Toothpaste and Garlic: Garlic has antibacterial properties; it removes the acne bacteria on the skin. It reduces inflammation, redness, and irritation. Crush one garlic clove and add a small amount of toothpaste to it. Apply the mixture to a pimple. Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash and pat dry. Repeat the process once a day.
Read also: Get Rid of Acne with Lemon Juice
Symptoms When not to Use Toothpaste on Acne
So, above were a few ways to which one can apply the toothpaste to acne-free skin. Whereas, there are a few care and precautions that you should take care before you try in the process. So, below are some precautions that you should follow:
- Avoid applying toothpaste on the inflamed, sensitive and dry skin.
- To check whether you are allergic to the toothpaste, take a patch test on your skin.
- If you have sensitive skin, avoid applying toothpaste on you skin for more than 10 minutes, as that will stimulate the production of excess sebum.
- It may also cause irritation, and over dryness, if you have sensitive
- If breakouts persist, don’t avoid and consult a dermatologist immediately.
- Toothpaste is a kind of semi-home remedy, as it contains a few chemically treated ingredients.
Tips and Precautions
And of course, there are a few cares that you must take for flawless skin. Precaution is better than cure. Therefore, follow the below given tips and avoid the popping up of some skin issues.
- Use a lot of water, at least eight glasses, to stay hydrated and remove the toxins in the body.
- Eat a healthy diet that consists fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Try out doing exercises like yoga, meditation and breathing exercises to avoid the stress that reflects on your skin and especially faces.
- Avoid eating sugar and carbohydrates in your diet.
Read also: Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Acne Naturally
Hence these were the steps that can be followed using toothpaste to get a clear skin. There are a lot more treatments and ways that can be utilized for the treatment of acne with the help of toothpaste. So, next time you see any uninvited guest on your face, you can try out toothpaste to get reduced acne marks and avoid them from coming again.