All the women of different ages suffer from itching and irritation at some point. All of the problems in sensitive part like vulva or vagina can make uncomfortable. Some of the leading and characteristic factors of itching, irritation or burning include yeast & bacterial infections, STDs, chemical irritants or menopause.
Infection of pinworm in the vagina can also be the factor of itching; this is very common among children. Weak immunization and a lot of stress can increase the causes of suffering from this problem.
In addition to the burning and itching sensations, you may also experience swelling or redness around the area of the vagina. You may also suffer from severe odor and vaginal discharge. In this situation, many women also feel discomfort while urinating or sex.
To prevent this, it is essential to take care of the hygiene and also maintain proper diet and lifestyle. You may even try some of the home remedies that will get you relief from all these things. If you want the appropriate treatment, it is better to consult your doctor.
Here are some of the home remedies to get rid of this problem:
Apple Cider Vinegar
It is the ingredient that helps to prevent itching, burning and other issues at it contain antifungal and antibacterial properties. After applying this, you’ll also get the natural pH balance of your vagina.
- Add 2-3 spoons of vinegar in the glass of warm water. Use the mixture to wash your vagina daily twice for few days.
- Also with the solution mentioned above, add one spoon of vinegar and honey in a glass of hot water and drink in two times in a day.
This is the method that gives instant relief. It makes the area numb of the vagina while reducing burning and itching sensation.
- Put some of the cubes of ice in the clean cloth and tie it.
- Put the pack for few minutes in your private area.
- After 30 seconds, reapply.
- Repeat the process until the itching disappears.
- Use the remedy as per your convenience.
You may also rinse your vagina with chilled water few times in a day.
Salt Water Bath
While going for a bath, put some salt in it as it helps to prevent the vaginal problem. Salt controls the development of microbes that cause infection which in return leads to less irritation and other issues.
- Add one spoon of salt in the water and only use that liquid to rinse off your vagina whenever you feel itchy. This will provide you with the relief instantly.
- For the alternate solution, fill your bathing bucket with hot water and add ½ cup of salt in it. Sit in that water in the squat position for 15-20 minutes. It is better to repeat the process 3 or 4 times daily to get relief soon.
It is also recommended not to use the salt if you suffer from open sores or skin tears.
Plain yogurt without any sweet is another best remedy to stop burning and itching sensation in the vagina. The cultures presented in it control spreading of the infection in the body. It also helps to kill the bad or yeast bacteria that are there in the vagina and promotes the bacteria that are good.
- Dip a pad or tampon in the yogurt and put it in the vagina for approximately 2 hours. Do the process twice daily until you get relief.
- Also, you may consume plain and unsweetened yogurt on a daily basis.
This is the ingredient that consists of antibiotic and antibacterial properties which help to kill yeast and other bacteria’s as well. It also makes the immunization system better as it helps to fight the infections presented in our body.
- Dilute some garlic oil drops with the oil of Vitamin E and apply on the vagina. After 10-15 minutes, wash it off with hot water. Repeat the process daily two times in a day.
- Consume 2-3 cloves of garlic on a daily basis, or you may also take its medicine after consulting your doctor.
It is also called as Neem which is the best remedy if you are suffering from the issue of the vagina that might have caused due to yeast infection. It contains antiseptic properties that help to fight the virus and also decreases all the discomforts.
- Boil some of the leaves in 2-3 cups of water. Strain the neem leaves and let it cool. Use the water to wash your vagina once daily for some weeks.
- Also, you may add some of the drops of neem oil in the warm water and use it as the solution to rinse the area. Repeat it twice daily for some weeks.
- You may also consider drinking neem tea sometimes daily or take its capsules after consulting doctor.
It is the product of dairy that is rich in probiotics and also works as the effective treatment for the itching in the vagina or any symptom related to it.
Different kinds of bacteria like Bifidus or lactobacillus presented in kefir helps to prevent harmful and yeast bacteria that cause infection, burning or itching. It also enhances the immunization system that prevents other infections.
- If you are suffering from an infection, dip a pad or tampon in kefir and put it in the vagina for at least 2 hours. It is better to do this two times in a day until you get rid of it.
- Also, you may drink it for few weeks.
It is also the best remedy available to prevent itching. It contains antifungal and antibacterial properties that help to prevent infection due to which you might be getting the problem.
- Apply honey as a medicinal ointment on your Leave for 25-30 minutes and then bath in hot water. Continue doing it for two times in a day until the vagina improves.
- Also, eat 1 or 2 spoons of honey with warm water two times in a day.
Drinking the unsweetened juice of cranberry helps in treating itching and irritation. It creates the environment of acid that helps to stop the development of bacteria and yeast.
Also, it helps to prevent the infections of the urinary tract and any other virus related to the bladder.
- Drink 2-3 glasses of juice daily until you don’t experience itching at all.
- If the juice isn’t there, you may also consider taking tablets twice daily. Consult a doctor for the right amount of dosage.