Have you ever heard about leaky gut, it is not new in health terms but yet not accessible as well. Poor gut health with any of unhealthy symptoms in relation with digestive issues can lead to leaky gut. Numerous causes and symptoms hint at leaky gut problems and need to be treated promptly.
Leaky gut is also known as increased intestinal permeability, which is an unhealthy digestive condition where toxins and bacteria’s leak out from the intestinal walls. In fact, in the eye of many medical professionals, leaky is not a real condition, but many scientific types of research claim that leaky gut exists and is a multiple medical disorder.
In this article, we will tell you some facts, causes, symptoms and healing remedies to treat leaky gut predominantly, so keep reading.
What Is Leaky Gut?
Leaky gut or intestinal permeability is damaged condition of abdominal wall or lining that leads to undigested, and unhealthy toxins, bacterias, impurities, even food particles enter the bloodstream via broken intestine. This leaking of intestine let enter foreign substances and enzymes into the blood causing immune system weak which promotes inflammatory and allergic reactions and imbalance the health. Such entering of unhealthy products can cause migraines, bowel irritations, eczema, chronic fatigues, food allergies, rheumatoid arthritis, and other severe health problems.
Much scientific evidence on health also claims that leaky gut is one of the causes behind multiple sclerosis, skin problems, autism, bloating, fibromyalgia, thyroid abnormalities, and mood swings as well.
Signs and Symptoms of Leaky Guts
Below we have mentioned common signs and symptoms of leaky guts.
- Ingestion and Digestive Issues: Dyspepsia, Diarrhea, Constipation, Food Sensitivities and Allergies etc.
- Immune Breakdown: Skin Allergies and Sensitivity, Asthma, Joint or Chronic Pain, Skin Irritations (Redness, Rashes, and Rosacea).
- Deficiency Of Serotonin (compound in blood platelets) In Blood Stream. This can also lead to depression, migraine, anxiety, mood swings, fatigue, memory impairment, ADD, and ADHD.
- Heart Problems, Joint Pain, Arthritis, Lupus, etc.
- Craving for carbohydrates and sugar.
How to Treat and Heal Leaky Gut Naturally
Bone Broth is one of best healing remedy for leaky gut. It is rich in collagen, protein, minerals, prebiotic, anti-inflammatory and flavonoid properties which benefits intestinal permeability and its associated issues. It also nourishes the damaged gut lining and reduces the inflammation.
Perfect Bone Broth recipe should be prepared and should be consumed in the small portion on a regular basis.
Numerous types of essential oils benefit leaky gut with their own specified health properties. Some of the essential oils are mentioned below:
Peppermint oil is rich essential oil which is inherited with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial properties which helps in the overall health of intestinal permeability and improves gut lining as well.
- Peppermint Oil: 1-2 drops.
- Water: One Glass.
- Take a glass of water and add one drop of peppermint oil.
- Mix both the ingredients well and drink it up.
Dosage: Do this remedy daily at least for one time.
Caraway oil is enriched with anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and other healthy properties and compounds that benefit bowel, gut, stomach pain, and other ingestion problems.
- Caraway Oil: 1-2 drops.
- Water: One Glass.
- Take one glass of water and add one to two droplets of caraway oil.
- Mix well and just guzzle this drink.
Dosage: Take this one or two times a day for better results.
Other Essential Oils: Well, various essential oils benefit gut and intestinal permeability issues. These oils are packed with the bundle of good properties like vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and more. Other essential oils include Oregano Oil, Thyme Oil, Cardamom Oil, Ginger Oil, and Clove Oil.
Apple Cider Vinegar
It helps in regulating the pH level of the body. In fact. Is also rich with antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory levels that helps in restoring health for leaky guts. Apple Cider Vinegar also helps in getting out of toxins and bacteria which improves the lining of the intestine.
- Apple cider vinegar: Two tablespoon.
- Warm Water: One glass.
- Mix two tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water.
- Mix well until gets diluted fully, and drink it up.
Dosage: Add this remedy to treat leaky gut one a while in daily routine.
When there is the deficiency of or more vitamins in the body, it affects the immune system it leads to leaky guts and health problems. Lack of vitamin A and D are scientifically found to be the reason for leaky guts that damages the intestinal lining and cells as well. Proper intake of both of these vitamins promotes overall health and also enhance inflammation level.
For signing off vitamin deficiency, take the proper amount of vitamins and minerals via a balanced diet. Foods rich in vitamin A and D are significantly important such as carrots, turnips, eggs, broccoli and more.
This is one of the potent herbs that is being used to treat many health problems for ages. Ashwagandha is that natural remedy which is also the part of homeopathy and Ayurveda loaded with vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber. This herb is also inherited with antioxidants, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory enzymes that helps leaky gut stress and equals the unbalancing immune.
- Ashwagandha Powder: One teaspoon.
- Hot Water: One glass.
- Put one teaspoon of ashwagandha powder in a glass of hot water.
- Mix thoroughly and drink it up.
Dosage: Take this mix once every day.
Well aloe vera is one of the oldest and potent resources used since ancient times to cure and treat many diseases. It is used in various forms like juice, jet, even in cut fresh pieces. Aloe vera is rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antimicrobial and dietary fiber level. This is used in various issues of the body and its functionality, from tip to toe. Even now the part of cosmetics and beauty products. Aloe vera is a natural detoxifier that flushes toxins, impurities, and fights against infections as well. It boosts immunity and protects gut problems. Aloe vera has countless benefits.
- Fresh aloe vera juice: half cup.
- Guzzle freshly extracted aloe vera juice to boost health, intestinal lining, bowel, and gut issues.
Dosage: Take it twice a day.
Ginger tea is the healthy beverage that works as the natural detoxifier to get rid toxic materials of the body. It helps in boosting immunity as inherited with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and antibiotics properties. Ginger tea also supports mildness in pain and inflammation in the stomach, gut. It enhances issues related to intestinal permeability, bowel functionality, and intestinal lining.
- Giner: diced or minced, one teaspoon.
- Hot water: one cup.
- Add one teaspoon ginger pieces to cup hot water.
- Let it steep for about 5-7 minutes and strain.
- Guzzle this herbal tea.
Dosage: Add this hot and steaming ginger tea twice a day.
This is one of the natural remedies to boost immune, as is packed with anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and other healthy properties that work in leaky gut. This hot beverage also helps in getting rid of weight, stress, toxins and more. Green tea is the herbal way to cure many severe health issues which lower the risk of organ damage as well.
- Extracted green tea: one teaspoon.
- Hot water: one cup.
- Honey: to taste. (Optional).
- Take hot water and add one teaspoon of extracted green tea leaves.
- Let it steep for five to seven minutes and then strain.
- Mix thoroughly and consume it.
- Take green tea twice a day to cure leaky gut problems.
Kombucha Tea is the herbal beverage that is locked with many benefits. This drink is rich in probiotics, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory levels that are boon for various body organs and functions. Kombucha tea is also nourished with vitamins and minerals that support leaky gut problems, bowel disease, and other abdominal downfalls.
- Kombucha tea: one tea bag.
- Hot water: one cup.
- Honey (optional): to taste.
- Take a cup of hot water and place a kombucha tea bag in it.
- Strain it after steeping it for five to seven minutes.
- Let it cool a bit and then add honey according to taste.
- Mix thoroughly and drink kombucha tea.
Dosage: Drink this detoxifying tea two times a day.
Oatmeal is always said to be a complete food, a balanced diet richer in vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, proteins, dietary fiber, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and many health-boosting properties. Oatmeal benefits the overall health of the body and regulates stomach, bowel, and intestinal permeability health as well. It helps in the formation of the intestinal lining and damaged cells.
- Oatmeal: one bowl.
- Milk: one cup.
- Honey: to taste.
- Take a bowl of oats and add milk to it.
- Not add honey as the natural sweetener to taste better.
- Mix all the ingredients and have it.
Dosage: You can take oatmeal every day as it is a perfect diet. In fact, take it in the form of smoothies, shakes, etc.
Omega 3 is one of the essential fatty acids that are rich in essential fats, proteins, anti-inflammatory, and anti-aging levels. There are omega 3 or fish oil supplements, but the natural way is more nutritious and healthy. Omega 3 is present in fishes like salmon, tuna, mackerel If you are looking for Omega 3 vegan supplements than go with flaxseeds, walnuts, chia seeds, canola oil, seaweed, Brussel sprouts, beans, squashes, green leafy vegetables and more. It will boost body immunity, cell formation in the gut and helps in healing of leaky gut issues.
- Consume omega three supplements up to 500-100mg or take it in the form of food via vegan or nonvegan ingredients.
- Take omega supplements as per recommendation.
- Increase Omega 3 food via meals to gain it naturally.
- Add omega three rich diets to your food or guzzle artificial omega 3 supplements.
Yogurt is always considered as the healthy food ingredient that is plentiful with anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial compounds. Despite the fact that this yogurt is also rich in vitamins and minerals that also helps in regulating leaky gut health, and other bowel-related diseases. It also adds health to the body’s immunity.
- Plain yogurt: one bowl.
- Take plain yogurt to heal gut lining and intestinal permeability problems.
- At least one time a day.
The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant level present in manuka honey helps in gaining health of leaky guts, and intestinal lining as well. It also works in a supportive way to reduce the abdominal permeability pain. The antibacterial enzymes also promote gut flora effectively.
- Manuka honey: two teaspoon.
- Just it in the usual way or even can mix with a cup of water.
Dosage: Two times a day is the righteous deed for leaky gut health.
Well! This one of the best ingredient to treat leaky gut, bowel stomach issues, gastric problems, and other intestinal health issues. Garlic is packed with anti-oxidants, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory enzymes the restores immunity and overall health.
- Garlic: one – two cloves.
- You need to chew or to guzzle one or two garlic clove every morning.
- You can also add garlic as your favorite salad dressings, and in dishes like the fresh paste or crushed/sliced/chopped.
Dosage: Add garlic to you daily meals it will boost health and taste of food.