Nothing can beat a woman wearing a sleeveless dress & having fully toned shoulders regarding beauty & attractiveness. Strong shoulders create the perfect frame for a sexier & fit body. However, you can’t achieve that without doing hard work. We have created this post for the women who want to improve the shape of their shoulders & make them sexier.
In this post, we will tell you about the top 6 shoulder exercises for women that should be included in the workout schedule. Before jumping into any of these exercises, don’t forget to warm up your body for avoiding any injury or cramp.
Side Lateral Raise
It is one of the most popular & most comfortable shoulder exercises that are included by everyone in their workout schedule, whether it is men or women. The side lateral raise target your deltoids and make them stronger. It is must do exercise for the women who want to increase shoulder mobility. How to perform the side lateral raise:
- Stand straight with a dumbbell in both of your hands. It is essential to keep your back straight while performing this exercise.
- Now, lift the dumbbells to the side until it reaches the height of your shoulders with a slightly bent elbow.
- Now, lower both your arms down at a controlled speed. You won’t be able to fully contract your shoulders if you perform side lateral raise in a fast manner.
Perform 3-4 sets of 10 to 12 reps with a perfect form. Avoid ego lifting & choose a weight that you can handle efficiently.
Front Plate Raise
Front raises is an isolation exercise that not only helps in shaping your front delts but also provides adequate strength for other pressing movements. Furthermore, it is pretty easy to perform & all you need is a barbell plate.
How to perform front plate raise?
- You need to take a shoulder width stance & hold the plate from the middle.
- While performing this exercise, you should try to keep your torso as motionless as you can. Also, never rack or sway for lifting the weight up as it can result in an injury.
- Now, you need to raise the plate to the shoulder’s heights with some intensity. Following that, move the plate in a downward direction slowly. Repeat this for 8-12 reps.
- Try to perform three sets of this exercise at least once in a week.
If you are one of those women who can’t hit the gym on a regular basis, then it is the best exercise that you can perform for making your shoulder stronger & sexier. Push-ups are an essential exercise that you can perform anywhere without any equipment. This movement will target the anterior, lateral, & back deltoids in a shoulder.
How to perform push-ups:
- Lay down in the plank position & make sure your body is in a straight line.
- Your elbows should be bent to the sides followed along with lowering the body. It is important to ensure that body is in a straight line for making a perfect contraction.
- Move your body back & repeat this exercise for 10 to 12 reps.
- You should perform three sets of this exercise every week.
Bent Over Row Press
It is very important to include some compound exercises in your shoulder workout schedule. That’s why we suggest you to perform bent over row press that targets upper back & shoulder simultaneously. Additionally, it tones the arms & will give you a sexier look.
How to perform Bent Over Row Press:
- Pick a dumbbell with your left hand & keep your right foot back. Now, place your left foot in the forward direction & bent your knee.
- Make sure your torso is in a forward direction.
- Now, you have to squeeze the blades of your shoulder & move the weights in the direction of your waistline.
- Move the weight in the upward direction while extending your arm. Now, move back to the starting position slowly & changes side.
It is an advanced level exercise that you should only perform in a proper form. Try to perform this exercise under the guidance of your trainer. Perform three sets of 10-12 reps to get best results.
The elbow plank not only makes the core of the body strong but also provide stability to the shoulder. Your shoulder’s anterior, posterior, & lateral deltoids will attain massive strength with this exercise. How to perform elbow plank:
- Set your body in the push-up position.
- After that, flex your left elbow & then set your left forearm to the ground.
- You should follow the same sequence of movements for the right side too.
- Stay in this position for at least 40 seconds.
Repeat this exercise 3 times for extreme results.
Seated Dumbbell Press
Are you a fan of the broader shoulders & massive delts? If yes, then it is best that you should include seated dumbbell press exercise in your workout schedule.
How to perform seated shoulder press?
- First of all, you need to choose a weight that you can control effectively. Now, sit on a flat bench & keep your back straight.
- Hold a dumbbell in each of your hands & raise them one by one to the shoulder height.
- Now, it’s time for pushing the dumbbell in the upward direction. You should make sure both dumbbells touch at the top.
- Pause for a moment at the top & then lay down the dumbbell back to the beginning point.
Seated Shoulder Press is one of the most important exercises for toning your shoulders. Perform four sets of 10-12 reps.
Conclusion: You need to show some extra hard work & dedication for toning up your shoulder & give them the desired shape. Each of these exercises hit on the specific parts of the shoulder & provide a fantastic contraction to the shoulders. If you have any question related to this post, please feel free to write it in the comment box.