Hair is a beautiful thing, the crown of an individual, be it a man or a woman. However, unwanted hair always causes embarrassment. Yes, this is about unwanted or excessive hair growth in distinct parts of the body like facial hair, hair growth in hands and legs, back, armpits, etc. Hair grows everywhere except the eyeballs and fingernails. Hairy skin is not a welcoming sign of an attractive personality. Of course, it ruins your appearance. It prevents wearing beautiful attires that flaunt. For instance, skirts, sleeveless dress, etc.
Facial hair at the contour line, cheek line, upper lip line, hair on the neck, excessive or visible hair on hands and legs makes it very obvious. It is not possible to cover the facial hair with makeup completely. Although growth of unwanted hair is closely associated with hormonal imbalance, you can easily remove unwanted hair at home.
Remove unwanted hair at home with easy ingredients. You can easily get access to plenty of home remedies for hair removal with ease.
When you decided to get rid of unwanted hair, you will think about many hair removal options from laser treatment, waxing to electrolysis. Remember, there is nothing called permanent hair removal as claimed by the cosmetic therapies. Even electrolysis or continuous waxing won’t be a permanent solution to remove unwanted hair. Rather, you will end up spending heaps of money to get rid of unwanted hair.
Try natural, home remedies for hair removal. It is easy, less expensive and free from side effects. You can save a lot of money and avoid the complications. Following are the few simple but effective remedies to remove unwanted hair at home.
Home Remedies to Remove Unwanted Hair
- Turmeric for Removal of Unwanted Hair at Home
- How to Use Turmeric to Remove Unwanted Hair
- Raw Papaya to Remove Unwanted Hair at Home
- Waxing with Sugar to Remove Unwanted Hair at Home
- How to Use Sugar to for Hair Removal
- Cornstarch and Eggs Pack for Removal of Unwanted Hair
- How to Use Egg and Cornstarch to Remove Hair
- Gram Flour for Removal of Unwanted Hair
- How to Use Gram Flour to Remove Hair
- Oatmeal Scrub for Removal of Unwanted Hair
- How to Make Oatmeal Scrub to Remove Hair
Turmeric for Removal of Unwanted Hair at Home
Turmeric can be used to remove unwanted hair from arms, legs, back and facial skin.
Turmeric is a classic remedy for hair removal. In fact, turmeric has been used for ages to prevent unwanted growth of hair in arms and legs.
In olden days, people had the practice to rub fresh or dried turmeric root on the skin to remove dead cells and prevent the growth of hair. In fact, it was followed by a ritual to keep the skin fresh, glowing and youthful.
It is known as a potent spice that makes healthy as well as an excellent add-on to the daily cooking. It is very versatile to add to curries and stews.
The main ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. It helps reducing inflammation, ward off bacteria and keeps your skin healthy. It is a colon cleanser and removes the toxins from internally, which is essential for healthy skin. Being a natural skin exfoliator, it removes the dead skin cells, controls and reduces the hair growth.
You can use this wonder ingredient to remove unwanted hair in any form, raw turmeric, dry turmeric rhizome or turmeric powder. However, remember that it causes the yellow stain on your skin and lasts for a few hours to a day.
How to Use Turmeric to Remove Unwanted Hair
Turmeric Method 1:
Turmeric doesn’t cause any allergic reaction on your skin. So, you can develop the habit of applying turmeric every day during a bath, which is indeed an ancient practice.
Since it causes a stain, you can try it at night before sleep. Just rub the dry or wet rhizome on your skin where you want to remove the hair and wash it off after few minutes. Regular use of turmeric adds radiance to your skin as well as removes unwanted hair effortlessly in a few days.
If your skin becomes dry or rough after using turmeric, apply any moisturizing cream or oil to keep it hydrated.
Turmeric Method 2:
- Take equal portions of turmeric powder/paste and gram flour.
- Add a few drops of sesame oil or castor oil (as you prefer)
- Mix all the ingredients and form a thick lump-free paste
Apply this paste on the ‘hairy’ areas and gently scrub the skin. Rinse it off after 30 minutes. Try this twice a week.
Turmeric Method 3:
- Ingredients you require are turmeric and rose water.
- Make a thick paste by adding rosewater.
- Apply on desired areas and let it dry.
When you apply turmeric, make sure you use only on the areas of unwanted hair.
Raw Papaya to Remove Unwanted Hair at Home
You can use this remedy to remove unwanted hair in facial skin, arms, and legs.
Ray papaya contains an active enzyme called Papain. It can break down the hair follicles and keep your skin free from unwanted hair. It also inhibits the growth of hair in unwanted areas. It also acts as a natural exfoliating agent and removes the dead cells from the skin. Use raw papaya once in two days to get rid of unwanted hair naturally.
How to Use Raw Papaya to Remove Unwanted Hair
Peel the papaya skin and cut into cubes or slices. You can use fork/spoon to mash raw papaya. If you find it hard, shred the papaya into thin shreds.
Raw Papaya Method 1:
- Crushed/mashed raw papaya
- Decide on the quantity of the papaya depends on the area where you want to apply.
- Take one-half parts of turmeric powder and mix by adding few drops of water.
- Make it a fine paste with no lumps.
- Apply on the area – face/legs/arms and gently massage
- Let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes
- Remove it off with running water
You can try this twice a week.
Raw Papaya Method 2:
Instead of turmeric powder, you can grate fresh turmeric root and add to the raw papaya mash. You can add additional ingredients like aloe vera (just in case if you have sensitive skin), gram flour and curd in any of the methods to make it more effective. Give your skin a day or two to recover.
Waxing with Sugar to Remove Unwanted Hair at Home
Facial Hair and Body Hair
When it comes to waxing, there are two types of people. The first type says yes to waxing for effect on the skin. The skin looks clear and free from unwanted hair for quite some time, although it pains. The second type runs away from waxing considering the pain. Waxing is indeed quite painful and expensive too. Paraffin wax is commonly used to remove unwanted hair at hair removal clinics, spas, and cosmetic clinics. Many times, waxing accompanies minimal to moderate side effects like skin redness, allergic reaction, and inflammation. Avoid getting waxed at the parlors, do it at home.
Sugaring is quite natural and less painful to remove facial and body hair. Unlike waxing which strips your skin many times, sugaring causes less irritation (yes, you will experience mild irritation) and pain. You don’t need to suffer for days. This is one of the established techniques used in Egypt, for several centuries.
Sugar turns a sticky jelly-like substance when heated. Sugar is used as natural exfoliating agent on the skin. It makes the best alternative for expensive waxing.
How to Use Sugar to for Hair Removal
- Heat one-half cup of water in a pan and add two to three cups of sugar.
- Stir it gently until the sugar melts completely.
- Wait until the mixture turns dark (keep in a low flame for about 20 to 25 minutes)
- Let it cool
- Apply baby powder or corn starch on your skin and apply lukewarm sugar on the skin
- Make sure you apply it in the direction that is opposite to the hair growth direction
- After applying the sugar layer, place a thin cotton cloth and let it stay for 15 to 20 minutes
- Remove it off in the direction in which hair grows
If you have dry skin, you might consider adding natural moisturizer to the skin. Add honey and lemon to the sugar mixture before you start heating. Since you add honey, it is recommended to melt the sugar in double boiler.
- You cannot apply the sugar wax using bare hands. Use a wooden spoon to apply the paste with ease.
- After trying sugar waxing for hair removal, use coconut oil or any natural moisturizer to keep the skin soft.
Method 3: Quick Sugar Remedy for Unwanted Hair Removal (Facial hair)
If you don’t have enough time or just lazy enough to make the sugar waxing remedy, you can just try this for removal of facial hair.
- Take a spoonful of sugar and mix with a few drops of lemon juice or water.
- Make a rough paste and apply it on the face.
- It acts as scrub and exfoliator as well as hair removal remedy.
- Scrub gently and let it stay for 5 minutes and wash with running water.
- Apply moisturizing cream
This works effectively to remove the bits and pieces (which is slightly visible) of hair on the face like upper lip, contour lines, etc.
In the case of removal of pubic hair and hair in armpits, you can try the remedies mentioned above (especially turmeric) after trimming the unwanted hair.
Cornstarch and Eggs Pack for Removal of Unwanted Hair
Eggs are one of the popular ingredients used to nourish skin in many ways. It has nutrients that breathe life into the skin, as well tightens the saggy skin. It is quite waxy and tightens when dried, which makes it ideal to remove the unwanted hair from the skin. It’s like wiping away the hair quickly that is clinging to the skin.
Adding cornstarch makes a tighter and solid face pack which helps removal of healthy and stubborn hair on arms and legs.
Mere application of egg whites on the face as plain facial mask helps to get the blemish free skin (which eventually removes facial hair) and adds radiance.
How to Use Egg and Cornstarch to Remove Hair
If you are using eggs to remove facial hair, one medium sized egg is enough. Increase the quantity of eggs proportionately.
- Crack open the egg and extract the white part.
- Mix half a teaspoon cornstarch and blend well.
- You will get a thick and soft paste.
- Apply it on the skin and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Peel it off, and it comes off with ease.
- Wash with running water.
You can try this twice or thrice a week.
Gram Flour for Removal of Unwanted Hair
Gram flour has been used with many ingredients to nourish the skin. It is one of the simple yet effective home remedies for removal of facial hair. It removes hair through exfoliation and deep cleanses the skin. Gram flour is versatile enough to blend with many ingredients. Use gram flour as the base ingredient to remove unwanted hair from face and body.
How to Use Gram Flour to Remove Hair
Use gram flour as face scrub every day. It gradually removes and controls the growth of facial hair. It is safe and effective to use on any skin.
Gram flour + Honey (In case of dry skin)
Mix gram flour with honey and apply on areas where you like to remove facial hair. Let it stay for 15 to 20 minutes and gently scrub the skin. Remove with running water.
Gram flour + Rosewater (For normal/oily skin)
Mix gram flour with rose water. Don’t make it too watery. Rose water is very light and ensures that the consistency remains thick.
Gram flour + Yogurt (For all types)
Prepare the gram flour hair removal pack by adding desired quantity of yogurt. It suits will all skin types. To remove hair from hands and legs try the following steps, in case if the density of hair is more and you struggle.
- Use sugar waxing method given above
- Apply gram flour remedy after three to five days
Oatmeal Scrub for Removal of Unwanted Hair
Highly suitable for facial hair removal
Oatmeal is a natural exfoliating agent. It exfoliates the skin and removes the dead skin cells, providing fresh and healthy skin. By deep exfoliation, it removes the hair follicles from the facial skin.
How to Make Oatmeal Scrub to Remove Hair
- Powder oatmeal and add yogurt.
- Make a thick paste and apply on desired areas.
- Gently scrub the skin.
- Let it stay for 20 to 30 minutes and remove with running water.
The above mentioned are the few simple remedies that helps you removal of unwanted hair at home without incurring so much cost.
In addition to these resources, please have a check on your health and ensure your hormonal levels are intact.