Our outlook is the only mean that trigger others at first glance. We all have seen stars and celebrities with perfect healthy skin, but still, every one of us had to face this blemish issue once a while. In fact, some people are born with blemish marks on the surface, especially on hands and face. These kinds of permanent blemishes are called port wine stains while other are the reflection of unhealthy skin.
Just like other health problems, skin problems are also the common issues among people. The main reason behind is unhealthy eating habits and regime. There are numerous types of research, medical studies and even products are available in the market to treat common skin problems. But do you know using such chemical composed products can lead to more allergic reactions and damage?
Smooth and clear skin reflects a healthy lifestyle. A balanced and regular diet combined with regular exercise will always give you a glowing complexion. But in spite of everything you do, there are times when your skin will be less than perfect. There are a lot of products available in the market, but it’s best to use natural remedies to maintain the fresh and glowing look.
Some of the Known Causes of Blemishing Problems
1) Hormones: The dis-balance of hormones especially in teenagers, puberty cycle or menstrual period. Acne and pimples are common ones.
2) Pigmentation: When you exposed to harsh sunlight, pollution and other severe climatic conditions for a very long time can lead to pigmentation problems creates blemishes.
3) Stress, mood swings, lack of sleep and unhealthy eating habits: Stress can cause hormonal imbalance which in turn causes the stain on skin and makes it dull. Hectic schedules, unhealthy guzzling of food specially junks and instant snacks not only cause blemish but also welcome other health problems.
4) Multiple applications of skin products: We don’t realize that when we apply a fresh coat of lipstick – or try out a friend’s new facial cream – this may harm your skin. Applying of too many cosmetics and chemical products can not only lead to blemishes issues but also creates other skin problems.
5) Excess of oil production over skin: This is problematic especially for oily skin.
6) Over consumption of dairy: Consuming too much of dairy products than body requirement can often cause blemish problems
7) Stop touching!: Touching your skin is also a leading cause as proven by many health researchers, as it transfers bacteria from hands to the skin.
Easy Home Remedies to Cure of Blemishes on Skin
It doesn’t matter what the causes for blemishes are, Mother Nature has given us products to do away with them.
Lemon is the best ingredient for your skin and most commonly used. This is one of leading skin remedy as holds antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and skin lightening properties.
- You can rub a fresh slice of lemon on the affected area. Ensure that the juice of the lemon spread evenly.
- Leave it on the face for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off.
- You can repeat this every day until the color of your skin is normal again.
Natural Sweetener Honey
You can apply organic honey and leave it for 15 minutes before washing it off. Implementing this for 15 days will give you surprising results.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and strain it.
- Blend one teaspoon each of honey and lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
Note: The antioxidants properties of honey combined with the bleaching effect of lemon will work wonders when applied for 15 days. You can even combine lemon and honey for more happy results.
The high content of vitamin C and its astringent properties make the tomato an excellent remedy to remove the blemishes. It also helps to remove suntan.
- Make a puree of a tomato in a blender.
- Apply it on the skin and leave till it’s dry.
- Wash with cold water.
Potatoes that people avoid for its starch is an excellent blemish remover. It helps to remove pigmentation, especially the dark circles around the eyes.
- Peel and grate potato.
- Extract its juice by putting it through a sieve.
- Dab the juice on your skin with cotton.
- Leave it on the face for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
Fuller’s Earth is a universal mud pack that has been used to exfoliate the skin and removes the blemishes.
- Take two tablespoons of fuller’s earth (commonly known as Multani mitti in India).
- You can add any of these – rose water, lemon juice, green tea, cucumber juice or just plain water – to make a smooth paste
- Apply it on the skin and leave it till it dries up.
- Wash it off with cold water for that refreshed feeling.
Note: You can add sandalwood powder or rose water for the earthy fragrance to the mixture.
The benefits from this plant are unlimited. From removing acne to helping in sunburns – this single plant can be an answer to all your beauty and medical needs. Let’s check how we can use this.
- You’ll need to take off the peel off the outer layer of an Aloe Vera leaf and remove the gel.
- Use the gel on the face and massage it a bit as well.
- Wash it off when it’s completely dried up.
Note: Use few drops of fresh lemon juice to enhance the quality of the face pack.
Apple Cider Vinegar
The anti-inflammatory properties of Apple Cider Vinegar help to reduce acne and also lighten the skin. But please don’t apply it directly as it’s a powerful concentrate
- Add three spoons of water to 1 spoon of the vinegar. Adding more water is good if the mixture is too stiff for you.
- Use clean cotton balls for applying it on the face and wash it off after 15 minutes.
Note: Apply this mixture 2 to 3 times a day for excellent results.
Apart from its refreshing taste, mint has antiseptic properties. Combined with yogurt – which is rich in protein and calcium – it makes a great pack to clean the skin off any blemishes.
- Blend 3 tablespoons of chopped mint with three tablespoons of yogurt.
- Apply this mask on the face and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
If you’re not fussy about the smell of eggs and determined to improve your skin health, then this is a good option.
- Crack an egg into a bowl and carefully remove the yolk.
- Apply the white of the egg on your face.
- Leave the mask on the skin and let it dry thoroughly. Later rinse with cold water.
- Whoop! We are not telling you about a headache but a healthy remedy to cure blemish problems. Surprisingly, Aspirin’s inflammatory properties work well for the face as well.
- Mash 3 tablets of Aspirin and add water to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this to the area of the blemishes on the face.
- Remove after it has dried up.
Caution: Do NOT add anything other than water to Aspirin.
Commonly known as Gram flour or Besan, is the traditional remedy for skin care.
- Take half a cup of chickpea flour. Add half a teaspoon of turmeric and three tablespoons of yogurt.
- Blend it to form a smooth mixture.
- Apply this herbal home mixture in the affected area and leave for 20 to 24 minutes.
- Wash thoroughly.
It’s not just teeth that your toothpaste cleans. It is also used in treating burning sensations and even for blemish problems. It helps in the drying of the extra oils over the skin. If toothpaste holds some properties of peppermint etc. also aid potently over the blemish.
- You can apply it on the spot of the blemish.
- Rinse it when it’s dry after 10 to 12 minutes.
- Apply as many times till the blemish disappears.
Neem and Honey
The antiseptic properties of neem and anti-inflammatory properties of honey make this a great face mask.
- Take half a cup of crushed neem leaves and mix with two spooks of honey to make a smooth paste
- Apply on the face and leave for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash after the mask has dried up.
Note: Use this mask at least twice a week.
Skin/Pulp Of Fruits
Most of us throw away the skin of the fruits. However, the surface of fresh fruit can be used as the best face masks.
- The skins of PAPAYA, CUCUMBER, WATERMELON, and BANANA can be used when the fruit is fresh. However, fresh pulp of fruits also works best over skin in many ways.
- Rubbing and scrubbing the inside part of the fruit skin or pulp on your face will ensure glowing and flawless radiant over the face with no side-effects.
Having any blemishes on the face can be traumatic as that’s what everyone will ask us about. We tend to go for the first medical cream available. But these home remedies will ensure that your skin is not just free of blemishes but keeps glowing all the time. Some of these face masks have been around since the time of Cleopatra. So we can be sure that they will keep your skin as glowing and beautiful as well.
Home remedies have no side effects over skin especially when they are natural ingredients. So you can try them with no caution and warning.
So, Keep Glowing!