With the summer days approaching, one of the scariest concern for most of us is to avoid our skin from getting over tanned. In the breezy summer days, everyone loves to be in the outdoors. But, under the glare of the sun, it is tough to maintain our skin from getting tan lines. There is a limit to the sun cream’s propensity, in some of the cases, the chemicals used in the lotion can irritate the skin.
While we covet to get our skins, a shade tanned during the wintry weather, but in the summer days our skin gets a couple of shades too dark, it takes quite some time to return the natural complexion eventually. These days we prefer natural ways for all health-related complexities over the chemicals or creams to avoid unwanted risks, side effects.
There are multiple ways to remove the sun tan naturally, all of them are cost-effective, easy to do solutions that will keep our mind rested when it comes to sun tan. Let us look at the following ways to understand the method to carry on with these natural procedures to remove tanning from the skin:
Lemon Juice & Honey Drops
Lemon is one of the best natural bleachers that does wonders to your skin when it comes to the tanned skin.
- All you have to do is squeeze a lemon to collect the lemon juice. To the extracted liquid, add a few drops of honey and mix it well.
- Apply this mixture on your skin as a cover, let it stay for half an hour at the maximum.
- Wash it off your skin gently and see the difference.
If your skin is reactive and allergic to lemon, it’d be best to avoid it. But, do not worry there are other methods that you can try to remove sun tan easily at home.
Yogurt & Tomato Paste
Tomato has refreshing effects on the skin and it works great with the removal of the sun tan. Yogurt, on the other hand, has many edible benefits. It is also the prime ingredient for many natural skin treatments.
- You have to peel the skin of the tomato that you will use then blend it in the mixer well.
- Add a couple of spoon of the yogurt and blend it with it. Collect the mixed paste.
- Apply this paste on the tanned skin and let it remain for some 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off gently, do not scrub your face hard in the process.
This method is very much preferred in many homes as it does not require much effort.
Cucumber, Lemon, & Rose Water
For almost all of the beauty treatments, cucumber acts like the cool ingredient that you cannot evade off. Add it to the lemon juice, and undoubtedly, you will be relieved to know that they will get the job done quickly.
- Take a good piece of cucumber, peel its skin away and squeeze out its juice. Slice a lemon, extract the lemon juice by squeezing it as well.
- Mix the lemon and cucumber extract well, add a few drops of rose water to it. The rose water provides a soothing and refreshing effect to your skin with its fragrance.
- Dab, this mixture on your skin for 15 minutes, then wash it off.
You will see the magic of it and feel refreshed as well afterward.
Gram flour & Turmeric
Turmeric does magic to your skin like no other natural item. It has almost no side effects on your skin. It is suitable for all complexions if you know its know-hows well. Bengal Gram flour acts as an absorber in this method.
- Take one cup of the specified flour and add a small quantity of turmeric powder to it. Mix both of them
- You can use either milk or water to make a paste out of this mixture.
- Apply this mix on your face and skin. Wash it off after 15 minutes with lukewarm water.
Make sure you wash away the paste from your skin gently or else you might damage your skin cells.
Red Lentil, Tomato & Aloe Vera
There is hardly any skin treating method that would not include the miraculous magic of Aloe Vera. It is also used as an anti-aging agent, and it brightens the skin, removes all sorts itches, acne and whatnots from the skin. While tomato nourishes the roughness of the skin due to the suntan and red lentil chases away the tan shades itself.
- You will have to let the red lentils soak in water for minutes so that it becomes soft and accommodating.
- Then blend the lentils in a blender till it becomes a paste.
- Peel a raw tomato and blend it into pulp.
- Mix the tomato pulp and the red lentil paste into the blender and add a few drops of Aloe Vera gel into the dough.
- Blend the mixture well and collect the paste.
- Dab the paste gently on the tanned skin and let it sit for minutes.
- Then, wash it off gently with lukewarm water and clean the skin.
This pack is the spa-like comfort bag that your skin will relish for days.
That’s right, Potato juice! Potato is known for its bleaching effects. It absorbs away the dead cells from your skin and cleans the dirt and other anomalies from your skin.
- Take a raw potato, peel it off, then extract juice out of it by either blending it or squeezing it.
- Apply this juice directly on your skin. You can also cut the pieces of potato and use those slices as a gentle scrubber and dab at our skin like a cotton ball.
- Wash off the potato juice from your skin after 10 minutes. It comes off the skin quickly with lukewarm water.
Honey & Papaya
Papaya nourishes your skin and absorbs the dead skin cells from your body skin quickly. Papaya is rich in vitamins and thus makes your face get that glow that you were coveting after. Honey is used for its coagulating action and for creating that soothing cool effect on your skin.
- Cut the ripe papaya into small pieces, add a few drops honey to the sliced papaya.
- Mash the ripe pieces and mix them well until it turns into a paste.
- Apply the paste on to your face mainly and the tanned skin, later wash it off after 20 minutes at least.
This is also used as a face pack for many skin treatments by beauty experts.
Oatmeal & Buttermilk
Oatmeal can be used as an alternative to the Aloe Vera that has useful results on sunburnt skins and overtly tanned cases. It also provides a nourishing effect to the skin because of its density in fats. Buttermilk is also being used in many moisturizing creams as well. It gives that extra glow to your face and makes your hard lines go soft.
- You would need a small bowl of oats that have been soaked in water for some time. Drain the water and add fresh buttermilk to the bowl of oats.
- You can even put a few drops of honey or rose water to this bowl.
- Mix them well and turn it into a smooth and mushy paste.
- Apply it onto your face and tanned hands and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off gently and see the desired results.
Fresh Cream and Strawberries
The fresh cream is used as an active ingredient in many beauty treatments and face packs. It comes under the title of ‘attractive fairer skin’ though it cleans and softens your skin to significant effects. The strawberries add to the fresh look and provide the healthy outlook and cast off the dead skin cells from your face.
- Slice the strawberry into small pieces and add a couple of spoonful of fresh cream to the sliced pieces.
- Mash and mix them well until it becomes a smooth paste and collect the dough.
- Apply it to the face and leave it for 15 minutes for the desired results.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water gently and enjoy the cool, fresh look.
Pineapple and Honey
We know that Pineapple is rich in vitamin C and that in itself explains its active potential for healthy skin. It removes the acne and itches from your skin and helps you restore the natural complexion.
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces and add few honey drops to it.
- Blend the mix well into the jar and collect the paste for the final step.
- Apply this paste to the required areas of the skin for 15 minutes and wash it off gently.
You will see that your skin becomes fresh and active and you will feel healthy after a long, summer day in the outdoors.