A bee sting is not a major problem until for those who have got an allergy from insect bites. It happens when the bee bites and then it causes swelling, redness, and pain. The reaction of the bee stings will occur only once in the whole body with an allergy.
This can be one in a lifetime kind of painful experience in your life. Sting is less painful but what’s irritating is redness and itching caused because of it. Whether you are walking in a park, in the woods or on the road, it can happen anywhere. The bee will die right after giving a sting on your body, but the suffer may last up to weeks or days after getting attacked.
When it bites you, the best thing you can do is to remove it. You can make a use of your fingernail or any fine thing. If something allergic is happening then go to the hospital right away.
Let’s get to know about some of the best home remedies that help in treating bee stings. It includes:
Remove the Sting Immediately
The first step is to take the immediate action and remove the stinger from your skin. It is just the matter of time and just take seconds, it helps to eliminate all the bacteria to enter into your body.
- Remove the stinger with your nails or any fine
- Clean that area with antiseptic soap and then rinse with water.
- Keep it dry and put any ointment on You can also make use of the calamine lotion to reduce your itching and swelling.
This remedy is beneficial in removing the pain, redness, and swelling caused by the bee sting. After removing the dunk, use a cold compress. After washing the area, apply the ice cube or pack on it. It will help to relieve your pain and itchiness.
- Get the ice cube and clean cloth.
- Wrap the ice in a cloth.
- Apply the pack on that area and keep for 10 minutes.
- Take a break for 10 minutes.
- Make the ice pack again and do this again for 10 minutes.
- Repeat it after 4 to 5 hours.
Witch Hazel Extract
Its extract contains choline, proanthocyanins, saponins, gallic acid and some oils like carvacrol, hexanol, and eugenol. All these substances help in preventing infection, pain, redness, and itching.
- Apply the extract on the affected area.
- Leave it for few minutes.
- Repeat regularly to get rid of
Garlic and Coconut Oil
Garlic is known as a natural ingredient to treat a bee sting. Its anti-inflammatory properties give relief from swelling and pain that is caused by bee stings.
- Heat the coconut oil over the medium flame.
- Crush garlic and add it to the oil.
- Remove it and allow it to cool.
- Apply on the affected area.
- Leave until it gets absorbed into your skin.
- Wipe it off with a soft towel.
- Do this 3 to 4 times daily.
Glycerol that is present in the toothpaste dry out the venom. Its chemical property neutralizes the acid that might be left by bee venom, relieving swelling and pain.
- Take some of the white toothpaste and put it on the affected area.
- Let it sit there for few hours.
- Clean it with a cloth.
- Repeat it whenever you feel pain.
Marshmallow has some sticky mucilage that helps in cooling and soothing the skin relieving some pain and swelling. Do not forget to include this remedy if you are looking for bee stings swelling and itching home remedies.
- Crush and blend some leaves to create a paste.
- Apply this on the affected area and let it dry naturally.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- Follow this daily to get the best results.
Aloe Vera Gel
It is a mild herb that helps in soothing and healing the skin that also reduced redness and swelling. While having a bee sting, apply the gel, and everything will go away immediately.
- Take out some gel from the Aloe Vera leaf.
- Apply the gel to the bee sting and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat for three times in a day.
This is very useful in soothing the bee sting and itching. Its inflammatory properties help to reduce pain and swelling quickly.
- Take peppermint oil, 1 or 2 drops and apply it directly. Repeat the same for few times in a day. If your skin is sensitive, consider mixing the oil with coconut or olive oil.
- Extract juice from the leaves of peppermint. Rub it on the affected area. Let it dry naturally before washing it with cold water. Repeat for 1 or 2 times in a day if necessary.
Mud helps in reducing the initial pain caused by the sting. Make sure to put dirt in a microwave for few minutes to sterilize it.
- Take some mud or make a thick paste by adding water to dry mud and mix them.
- Cover your sting with this paste completely.
- After going back home, wash it off with cold water and keep it dry.
This is one of the ingredients that you can find right away in your kitchen and is very useful in preventing bee sting.
- Create a paste of some baking soda and water and apply it on the affected area.
- Let the paste dry and don’t rinse it off immediately.
In the season of spring, make sure your kitchen has onions. This natural ingredient is beneficial in reducing the pain and redness caused by the bee sting. Apply the slices of the onion on the affected area and keep it there for 1 hour.
It is juicy fruit, delicious when consumed as a fruit. This fruit has active enzymes called papain, which helps in dealing with small size burns, wounds and blisters.
- Mash the papaya and apply directly on the affected area.
- You can also grate it to take out its juice. Apply it on the wounded area.
This oil is popular for its calming and natural effects that also help in soothing the dunk area. Dab few drops of oil on the cotton and put it on the wound.
- Add the flowers of lavender in the oil pot.
- Cook on the lowest flame.
- Keep it on sim for two to three hours.
- Let it cool down.
- Strain with the cloth of cheese.
- Store it in a bottle.
This is the old Indian treatment to treat all the wounds. It consists of anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that help in preventing swelling and infection.
- Create a paste of turmeric and water and apply it directly on the wound.
- You can also add little amount of ghee with turmeric.
You might be thinking that it’s bit strange that honey can treat its sting. But, the truth is that it is being used for centuries to cure the bee stings. It also provides the soothing effect when applied directly to the wound. It is being said to use raw or organic honey instead of the processed one.
- Apply it on the area and let it dry for few minutes before washing it. Use it several times in a day.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are suffering from a bee sting, then follow the remedies mentioned above and stay relax.