This is the most common problem which maximum people face. During winters, their lips start getting chipped. Winters can really turn cruel most of the times.
But why blame winters? People themselves are also responsible for the bad condition of their mouth and lips. When we go out in winter, we cover every body part except face. And lips are usually the last thing people cover. With cold and dry wind, they are bound to become dry and rough. Not to forget the pain many people go through.
According to the doctors, the lips dry out 10 times faster than any other body part. And that means, they are the most susceptible to cold wind than anything else.
But you can easily take care of them if you follow certain tips and tricks. Here we have made a list of some of those ideas, that will help you moisturize your lips once again and eliminate the pain altogether.
Tips to protect your lips
- DO NOT lick your lips. This is often the most common and bad habit of people. Although they believe that they are moisturizing their lips by this way, it is rather the opposite. You suck off the moisture from your lips by licking them.
- Use any ointment based lip balm. When you have a rough and painful condition of lips, a simple lip balm will hardly help. So take an ointment based balm that will keep your lips protected.
- Along with ointment based balm, apply normal lip balm to your lips before you go to bed.
- When you start noticing the cracks on your lips, treat them right away. Don’t keep delaying unless you want to experience the pain.
- Don’t rub or brush your lips if they appear flaky or cracked. That would worsen the situation even more.
- Avoid balms that have menthol or camphor in them. Rather than helping, they will dry out your lips even more.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Water solves way too many body problems than you can ever imagine. Your dried lips is mostly due to lack of hydration. So keep yourself hydrated as much as you can.
While people love their lips so much, they choose to get lip fillings done by companies like leppefillers. But you don’t have to go through so much pain. You can easily make your lips look good if you go through some above tips. They will not only protect your lips in harsh winters, but will also give that subtle beautiful shine to them.