You might think that you are alone but you should not fret because a lot of people are also having some problems with blackheads. If in case you are not sure what blackheads are, these are black things that protrude from the pores on the face usually on the nose that will look unsightly especially when seen close up. While they are not as obvious as acne, a lot of people would still want them to be gone for good.
Blackheads are usually caused by sebum and bacteria that stay on the skin. If you are confused about the difference of the blackhead and the whitehead, it all boils down to the pores. If they are open, you possibly have blackheads. If they are closed, you probably have whiteheads. Oxygen turns the sebum and bacteria black and this makes blackheads more obvious than whiteheads.
If in case you would like to get rid of blackheads at the soonest possible time but you do not want to undergo treatments that are expensive, you should know that there are some home treatments that you can do to help get rid of blackheads.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Blackheads at Home
1. Making an Egg Mask
Do remember that when you need to make an egg mask, you would have to remove the yolk of the egg because the egg whites are more effective. Egg whites will help tighten your pores and this will minimize the possibility of getting blackheads. At the same time, egg whites will remove the current blackheads that you have.
- Make sure that you clean your face thoroughly.
- Place a tissue paper on the egg white.
- Place the tissue paper with the egg white on your face. It is advisable to cut the tissue paper into strips to apply it more evenly on the skin.
- Apply the strips on the face until you create a mask.
- Let the mask dry.
- Peel it off and rinse off your face with water after.
2. Cinnamon and Honey
It is likely that you are thinking about how this concoction will be like since it seems so sweet. Do remember that cinnamon and honey can be a good home remedy against blackheads. Cinnamon can improve the circulation of your blood and can leave you with soft, glowing skin while honey will be in charge of removing the blackheads stuck on your nose. It also has properties that can make the skin clearer and smoother.
- Mix enough honey and cinnamon together until you have to put enough on affected areas of your face especially your nose.
- Apply a thin layer on the area with blackheads and wait for it to stick.
- Let it stay on the areas of the face for a few minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
3. Water Treatment
You may be surprised to see that this type of treatment does exist for your blackheads. If you would use some other home remedies often, there is a big chance that your skin will start to dry out because of the different materials that you place. When you use water treatment however, you will constantly hydrate your face. At the same time, you are removing the excess sebum that might be causing blackheads to form on various parts of your face.
- Rinse gently with water.
- Pat dry your face.
- Apply moisturizer afterwards to ensure that the face will stay fresh and hydrated.
You might be thinking that exercising will only cause more oil to stay on your face but you have to know now that this is good for your skin. When you exercise, you are releasing sweat that has a lot of toxins that are bad for the skin and body. Just make sure to follow up your exercise with a bath once you have rested a bit. Not only will it be good for your body, it will be good for your skin as well.
- Try to exercise about 3 times a week for about 30 minutes.
- If you do not want to exercise, an alternative is to sweat it out in a sauna or steam room.
- Take a shower after resting.
5. Exfoliate with a Sugar Scrub
You might not realize it but sugar is very helpful for the skin. It can act as a natural exfoliant that will not only remove blackheads; it can be effective in removing dead skin cells too that might be causing some blemishes to appear on the skin.
- Add sugar with coconut oil. Mix them well.
- Place the sugar scrub on the face.
- Gently massage for a few minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- Pat dry with a clean cloth.
The above mentioned things are just some of the home remedies that you can try to help get rid of blackheads. You can find more home remedies on Natural Remedy Ideas.