Breast is the most prominent part of a woman’s body that differentiates her from a Man. Now, what is breast soreness or tenderness? Breast soreness or tenderness may be the result of lack of properly balanced diet or while pregnancy when the mother feeds her baby, she can face this problem.
When a pregnant woman starts complaining of the sore breast that means she is preparing her breast to feed her baby. There is a layer inside the breast that tends to become thicker. The milk glands responsible for producing milk for the baby also starts multiplying during your different phases of pregnancy. Your nipple size starts changing from the normal to the abnormal one, and this causes the breast to sore.
What are the Possible reasons for Sore Breasts?
Not only the pregnancy can be the reason, but breast sore can be due to hormonal changes as well. During the menstrual cycle, the level of hormones inside your body changes to a considerable extent. This kind of sore breast is normal and will go with your menstrual cycle. There are some other possible reasons to the sore breast. Let us have a look at some of them:
- If you are taking too much stress in your life.
- If you are wearing a bra that doesn’t fit your size.
- If you are taking caffeine in abundance.
- A sudden increase in weight.
- Breast cancer in worst cases can be the reason for sore breasts or any other medical reasons.
Let us now look at some of the popular home remedies to cure sore breast or breast tenderness:
- Eat Soybean to Reduce Breast Soreness: – It is believed that Soybean is a rich source of phytoestrogen, a compound that balances hormonal imbalance. Imbalanced hormonal changes result in regular menstrual cycle and menopause. This compound called phytoestrogen is present in soybean in abundance so you must eat in your eat and get rid of the sore beast. If you are a non-veg lover, you can substitute the soybean with non-veg food that contains this compound in bulk. You may consume soy milk. Your body gets estrogens by eating soybean.
- Apply Cold Pain on the Sore Breast: – You may buy a cold pack from the market or take some ice cubes and start massaging the area where you feel the pain. Do not apply ice cubes directly. Take a polythene bag or some towel. Wrap the ice cubes inside the bag or the towel and massage gently. Just like other massaging methods, do not apply ice cubes on the nipples. Massage using this cold pack in circular motion as it will increase the circulation of blood and reduce the pain to a considerable extent
- Eat as Much Fibrous Food as You Can: – Include as much fibrous food as you can in your diet to get relief from any breast soreness. In fibrous food, you can include fruits and vegetables, beans, and other fibrous food. This food will help you to fight with this problem.
Eat green vegetables. You must consume green vegetables when you are feeling problems like a sore breast. Every woman must include green vegetables in her diet plan to get relief from breast pain. You can eat vegetables like broccoli, kale, peas, etc. All green vegetables contain essential elements that have the tendency to detoxify estrogens. They are rich in fiber and help your body to detoxify faster.
- Massage Properly: – The best and the most effective home treatment to the sore breast is massage the area using olive oil. When you start massaging, start with the center of your breast and go till the armpits. This massage should be done gently to avoid any pain. Make sure you are free at that time and focus only on the massage to see the best results. You can take this olive oil massage inside the bathroom before you take a bath. Take olive oil in your hands and start rubbing the painful area. Do not apply the oil on nipples. Massage in the circular motion as this will improve the rate of blood circulation and give you some relief from breast soreness.
You may massage the sore area with the bathing soap as well. When you are inside the bathroom, apply bathing soap, in the same way, we discussed olive oil and got relief from pain. Make sure you massage regularly and keep your breast healthy and safe.
Massage with lavender oil has also shown proven results. The main reason for sore breast is pregnancy or breastfeeding. You need to massage it with some of the natural oils like olive oil, lavender oil, etc. Applying natural oil removes pain naturally. So, it is again one of the best natural remedies to cure sore breast.
- Fennel Seeds: – It is one of the oldest methods of getting relief from any complications that cause pain in your breast. Fennel seeds are especially advised at the time of your menstrual cycle. It keeps your body hydrated all the time and gave you the energy to bear the pain. It detoxifies your body and does not allow harmful toxins to concentrate on your body. If you don’t want to take fennel seeds directly, take them with the tea. While preparing tea for yourself, add some fennel seeds and drink the tea after sieving. You may roast fennel seeds and eat the seeds 2-3 times in a day to get instant relief.
- Make sure your digestive system is working properly: – Indigestion invites may have problems automatically. You just have to make your diet plan so that your digestive system works correctly. Eat as much fibrous food as you can. Drink plenty of water early morning so that your body gets sufficient water to flush out harmful waste from your body.
Above are some of the effective home remedies for curing sore breast. All of these methods are natural and 100% safe. Still, it is advised to consult a doctor and take a test for breast cancer. If the test reports are negative, you can go for these home remedial solutions and get relief from the sore breast.