Yeast infection is common among women, and it has been observed that around 75% of the women suffer from it once in their lifetime. Before we start with the remedy, let’s try to understand what is a yeast infection and its causes.
What is Yeast Infection?
Yeast infection is caused by the fungus. The most common reasons for the yeast infection are pregnancy, stress, diabetes. Not sleeping properly or bad eating habits can also cause a yeast infection. Yeast infection is caused when there is an imbalance of bacteria and yeast in the body. The common symptoms are itching, swelling, burning sensation. Yeast infection is not transmitted through intercourse, but there are chances that the disease might spread. It takes about a week or two to cure the infection completely. But there are fair chances of getting it again. In case the infection is severe it may last for longer duration and symptoms are severe. It was painful while urinating or during sex, the amount of discharge is more, redness and soreness is also more when the infection is severe.
Home Remedies for Yeast Infection
Yeast infection can happen to anyone. The sooner you realize or see the symptoms of yeast infection; you can start with the home remedies to cure it before it spreads more and causes more pain. But keep in mind, if you experience irritation or itching while using any treatment stop using the product then and there. The most shared and effective home remedies are:
Coconut oil has fungus fighting property and can be effective during the time of yeast infection. It is advisable to use the coconut oil in and around the affected area at least three times a day. Apply coconut oil externally and leave it for overnight for the best result
Yogurt can be used to control and cure the yeast infection. Only the plain yogurt must be used in the infected area. Make sure there is no added ingredient in the yogurt. Apply to the affected area for an at least couple of hours or overnight. Yogurt can prove helpful to get relief from itching and soreness. You can also soak the tampon in the yogurt and use it. Remove the tampon within a couple of hours of use. Eating healthy is another factor. Try to eat yogurt on a daily basis (if you are not allergic to it.. of course). As we know, yogurt is one of the probiotic food. Probiotic food is considered safe to re-gain the bacteria and yeast balance.
Boric acid also has antifungal properties that can be used to cure the yeast infection. You can use the diluted boric acid and apply to the infected area for 10-20 minutes couple of times a day to cure the disease. Dilute the boric acid by adding water to it. Repeat the process till the infection is cured or at least for a couple of weeks.
Tea Tree Oil
Tee tree oil can be useful to fight the yeast infection as it also has antifungal properties. You can use tea tree oil by putting few drops on the tampon and then insert into your vagina. Do this couple of times to get the better result. Avoid using the tampon for longer hours or overnight. Change or remove the tampon in or about four hours for the best result.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can be useful to get rid of the irritation and itching and infection from spreading. You can include it in your diet routine to reduce the infection. Drink two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with warm water every day. Another thing that can be done is while taking a bath put some vinegar in the water and soak your body in it.
Cranberries, just like others, possess antifungal property. Along with curing the bladder infection, it is useful to cure yeast infection. Eat unsweetened or organic cranberries or drink cranberries juice every day till there is some relief.
Garlic is another useful remedy. Garlic has various uses and benefits. It can be sued as antibiotic, antifungal. It is advisable to include garlic in your regular diet. Eating garlic will help you reduce the effects of the fungus infection. There are garlic tablets available if you don’t want to eat garlic to avoid bad breath. You can use garlic cloves, crush them and apply to the area which is affected by yeast infection. You can also use garlic oil along with coconut oil to apply to infected area.
Some Helpful Tips
- Oregano oil is another remedy that can be used. While purchasing it from store make sure you get the one that is made from wild oregano.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes till the infection is cured.
- Take proper rest and don’t take stress because stress is the trigger for many problems.
- Avoid using food that has high sugar content.
- See a doctor if the condition is getting worse.
- Choose to wear cotton, linen or silk lingerie that is made of natural fibers.
- Keep your vaginal area clean and in case if you apply any cream and oils around your vagina make sure to wash your hands before it.
- Don’t use deodorants down there and maintain the proper hygiene during menstrual flow. Make sure to change the sanitary napkins at regular interval.
- Stop the excessive use of antibiotics and avoid the intake of contraceptive pills that contain estrogen rather refer to safer methods for birth control.You can easily escape such kind of yeast infection by simply adopting a proper balanced and nutritious diet in your routine and taking good care of your cleanliness and hygiene.If you are once affected by the infection, you can be alert for the next time by judging its reasons that initiated the infection. For, e.g