Measles is known as an infection that is caused by the virus, called paramyxovirus. Mostly small children suffer from this infection but in some cases adults too. The first signs of measles are just like regular cold or influenza. Some of the symptoms include a runny nose & eyes, cough, fever, tiredness, cold, rashes all over the body, etc. There are no such medications available for measles. So, it is important to take all the measures else you’ll get into some serious complications. Now, you might be wondering how to get rid of it? Well here are some of the remedies that will cure measles at home itself.
1. Olive Leaf
This leaf is the natural treatment to cure measles. It helps in killing all types of viruses as it contains the properties of antiviral and antimicrobial. It also includes antioxidant effects that help in healing.
- Grind some of the leaves into a paste.
- Apply on the damaged area and leave for 30 minutes.
- Wash the area with lukewarm water and let it dry.
- Follow the ingredient once or twice a day to get rid of it.
2. Neem Leaves
Neem leaves contain the properties of antibacterial and anti-allergic that helps in preventing the itchiness.
- Make a paste of handful neem leaves by grinding.
- Apply the paste on the affected area. Let it dry and then rinse with warm water. Do the procedure once daily.
- You can also soak hand full of neem leaves in the water and then put it under the sun for 5-6 hours. After that, wash the affected area with that water. Continue daily for two weeks.
It is the most beneficial ingredient to treat measles. It has the properties of antioxidant as well as antiseptic, so it helps in reducing the symptoms of measles.
- Add one spoon of turmeric powder and honey in a glass of water. Drink it daily twice for a month.
- Grind the turmeric root and tamarind seeds of the equal Take this mixture three times daily for three weeks.
- Mix one spoon of turmeric, a little bit of honey and juice of bitter gourd. Drink it at least once in a day for a month.
4. Bitter Gourd
Bitter Gourd contains antioxidant properties that help in decreasing the symptoms of measles. It also has zinc, Vitamin C, iron, and fiber that boost up the immunity system.
- Take the juice from one bitter gourd.
- Mix the gourd with honey and turmeric powder.
- Consume it twice in a day for two to three weeks.
5. Coconut Water
Coconut water is something that helps in cleaning the body parts. Also, it is rich in antioxidants. While you are suffering from measles, drink a lot of coconut water until you recover. This helps in keeping the body hydrated and will also help you to save from fatigue due to illness.
Barley is the best solution when it comes to irritation and itchiness as it is rich in minerals, antioxidants and vitamin C. It is also the source of zinc that helps in speedy recovery.
- Mix a cup of barley in three cups of water.
- Boil the mixture on sim until the water gets reduced to half.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Add some salt and sugar for taste.
- Consume its two or three glasses in a day for a month.
7. Indian Gooseberry
Indian Gooseberry is also known as amla that is rich in Vitamin C. It also boosts up the immunity system. This ingredient is also high in antioxidants so very useful in treating the measles.
- Mix one spoon of amla in one-half glass of water. This juice helps in preventing itching and burning during measles. Drink it two times a day for a month.
- Boil one cup of amla in four cups of water for 10-15 minutes. When it gets cold, use it to wash your body. Do the procedure twice daily to reduce itching and burning.
Licorice consists of anti fungal, antiviral and antioxidants properties. That’s why it is useful for the treatment of measles.
- Mix equal quantity of licorice and honey in a glass of warm water. Drink this once in a day to get relief from a sore throat and coughing. Continue until the recovery.
- You can also go for licorice candy.
Thirst and loss of food are two of the most common reasons of measles. To get out of these symptoms, consume juice of fresh oranges on a regular basis daily.
Its flavor helps to restore the taste and also improve the appetite. The juice also maintains the level of water and keeps away from the risk of having dehydration. Vitamin C present in the extract also boosts up the immunity level.
10. Eggplant Seeds
The eggplant seed has antioxidant properties that make the immune system strong. It also contains zinc and Vitamin C that helps in recovering fast. People suffering from measles should consume half to one gram of eggplant seeds in a day for three days.
11. Lemon Juice
Squeeze some amount of lemon juice in water and drink it many times in a day. Also, you can apply the juice of a lemon on the affected area to reduce itchiness and rashes.
12. Aloe Vera
Take a little amount of Aloe Vera pulp and use on your skin. It reduces rashes and the red skin. It is one of the best and quickest methods to get rid of measles.
Take one or two spoons of oatmeal and mix it in the bathing water. Bathe with this water. This is the natural remedy that will help you to get relief from itchiness and skin rashes.
Its healing properties and fragrance are amazing for skin rashes caused by the measles. It contains antiviral and antiseptic properties that prevent further infections. Make its paste and apply on the affected parts.
15. Calendula Flower
This flower includes many minerals that boost up the healing power of the body.
- Boil water in 3 cups.
- Add one spoon of powdered flower in it.
- After cooling it down, drink twice in a day till the symptoms don’t go.
- Alternatively, you can also add the oil of peppermint or sugar for better results.
16. Pineapple Juice
Its juice is filled with Vitamin B1 and also contains manganese. The pineapple juice will help you to overcome the symptoms of this disease.
17. Mud Packs
This is the remedy that offers treatment for healing several diseases like scarlet fever, influenza, and measles.
- Make a paste of clay by mixing with warm water.
- Cool it down.
- Apply on the diseased area.
- Wash it with water after 25-30 minutes.
Along with all the remedies mentioned above, an individual suffering from this disease also needs to take a lot of sleep and restrict all other physical activities.