Jaundice directly affects detoxification process of your body. Although not a dangerous disease but can invite many other diseases like liver disorder and hepatitis. It mostly occurs in infants after their birth. Infants tend to get yellow color pigments on the skin
How Does It Occur?
The main reason for the occurrence of Jaundice is the increase in the level of a yellow-colored pigment called Bilirubin. When a human body breaks down damaged RBC, this pigment is released as a by-product of the process. The Liver usually flushes this pigment just like other waste products, but in the case of liver disorder, it fails to remove this pigment from the body. This results in an increase in the level of Bilirubin inside your body. When the level of this pigment increases, a baby starts getting yellow spots resulting in jaundice.
Let Us Now Look at Home Remedies for Jaundice
A person who has jaundice should first go to a doctor and takes the test to check if the jaundice is present or not. In the case, reports are positive; he or she should immediately start taking these home remedies for speedy recovery. These seven home remedies have proven track record of curing Jaundice.
- Freshly Prepared Sugarcane Juice: – This is one of the oldest home remedies that our grand to grandparents used to suggest for the babies or adults who have jaundice. In jaundice, your body starts feeling low due to decreasing glucose level of the body. You need to maintain this balance by taking more of sugary products. Sugarcane contains sugar in abundance. Drinking sugarcane juice balances this glucose level and keeps your energized. Drinking freshly prepared juice will give an adequate amount of liquid to your body. It is advised to drink at least 2-3 glass of freshly prepared sugarcane juice for at least 15 days. You can add half tablespoon lemon juice to add taste to it. If you don’t like lemon, you can add one tablespoon basil leaves to the juice and drink it daily.
- Turmeric: – Turmeric is the solution for almost all problems. It contains curcumin, a compound responsible for detoxifying your body and cleansing liver. This compound protects your body and keeps it safe from harmful toxins like alcohol toxins and do not allow them to attach your liver. Turmeric comes loaded with various medicinal benefits as well. It is advised to drink 1-2 tbsp of turmeric with warm water. You should drink this liquid mixture 2-3 times in a day. Repeat this process for at least 15 days.
- Lemon: – Lemon tends to cure many of the liver disorders. It is one of the best natural remedies for treating liver disorders. Lemon increases the urge to urinate. This helps an individual to flush out harmful toxins and pigments like Bilirubin from the body. It is advised to drink a glass of warm water with half a lemon squeezed in it. Drink this water for at least 2-3 times in a day. Repeat the process for at least 15 days. You may add a pinch of salt to this liquid and drink 2-3 times for at least 15 days.
- Tomato Juice: – Tomatoes contain a compound called Lycopene. This compound heals liver orders and helps your body to fight with the Jaundice at a faster rate. Drink Tomato juice with a pinch of black pepper and a pinch of salt in the early morning.
How to prepare a tomato juice: Take a pressure cooker and add some water to it. Let it be 500ml of water. Then add 3-4 tomatoes to it. Let it boil for 15-20 minutes time. Now try to remove the skin of tomatoes. If you can remove the skin that means, tomatoes have boiled properly. After removing the skin or we call it peel, pass this mixture of boiled tomatoes and water through a sieve. The liquid contained in the bowl is your tomato juice. Drink this empty juice stomach every day to get fast results.
- Gooseberry Juice. This freshly prepared juice is 100% effective and safe for the person who has jaundice. Now how to make this Gooseberry juice.
- The very first step to making this juice is first to wash the gooseberry and then dry for some time.
- Take a stainless steel bowl and put these dried berries inside the bowl.
- Take a pressure cooker and some water to it.
- Place the bowl containing berries inside this cooker.
- Let it a bowl and allow one whistle to the cooker.
- Once done, allow the bowl to cool down.
- Try to touch the berries and when cool, cut them into pieces and remove its seeds.
- Take a grinder; add a pinch of salt, some sugar, and these freshly sliced berries.
- Make a paste of this mixture.
- Now take 1-2 tbsp of this paste and mix with water. Drink this water daily for at least 15 days to get the best results.
- Curd: – Curd has healing properties. You can take a bowl of curd and add a pinch of turmeric to it. Eat this curd daily to see expected results.
- Almonds: – Almonds keep your body healthy by flushing out waste from it. It is one of the best home remedies that strengthens your body’s’ immune system and help you to heal faster. It is advised to soak eight almonds, 2-3 dates, and cardamom overnight. Use water to soak these dry fruits. Now the next day, remove the skin of almond, remove seeds from dates, and grind all the three things together to form a thick paste. Add some sugar and butter to this paste and drink it on a daily basis for at least 15 days.
Above are seven useful home remedies for jaundice. In addition to following these home remedies, a person should take proper rest, inhale fresh air, and do regular exercises to get rid of this problem at a faster rate.