Sterility is a growing issue these days. The sterility or female infertility refers to a condition where a woman is unable to conceive after having regular and unprotected sex for a duration of one year. Sterility or infertility also refers to a stage if the female undergoes regular miscarriages after conceiving.
A lot many couples who try for having a child come across sterility problems and there exists different reasons for the occurrence of such issues.
Known Reasons for Female Sterility (Infertility):
- Age: The fertility of women is profoundly affected after 35 years old.
- Improper Weight: Having the right weight is highly recommended for being healthy. If you are overweight or underweight, it may highly affect your fertility.
- Drug Addiction: Intake of drugs is always harmful to your fertility.
- Consumption of Alcohol or Smoking: Alcohol consumption and smoking should be completely avoided if you are planning for a child. Regular use may result in sterility.
- Cyst or Endometriosis: Cyst and endometriosis may prove to be a restriction for conceiving.
- Fallopian Tube Blockage: Any blockage in the Fallopian Tube is yet another cause for sterility.
- Diet: Diet is utmost important to maintain the good fertility in women. Junk food and Preserved food is the root of infertility.
- Physical Activities: Heavy physical and strength activities may lead to miscarriages. It should not be practiced if you have conceived or even planning for pregnancy.
- Irregular and Painful Periods: If periods have always been an issue for you, always suffer from pelvic pain and irregularity in menstrual flow. Then it may be one of the causes of sterility.
- Stress: Stress always prove to be harmful to your body and mind. It adversely affects female fertility.
- Hormonal imbalance: Any imbalance in sexual and reproductive hormones leads to infertility in women.
Symptoms of Sterility:
- Irregularity in periods. It may be heavy flow for an increased duration than usual 3 to 7 days or light flow that lasts less than three In either of the cases, you need to consult your doctor.
- Frequent and successive miscarriages are the clear indication of infertility.
Before taking up with any medical treatment that may have some side effects and are usually a significant harm to your pocket, you may initiate with some home remedies for the treatment of sterility.
Home Measures for Sterility:
Remedial measures taken up at home for treating sterility are often beneficial for the majority of the women. However, its result may vary depending on an individual and the cause of the issue. Some of the effective home remedies are discussed in brief as follows:
- The Root of Banyan Tree:
Take the roots of the banyan tree and dry out completely in the sun. Crush the dried roots in the powdered form. These roots should be mixed in lukewarm milk and drink empty stomach.
The remedy gives the desired results if followed for minimum six months on a regular basis. Avoid using it during periods.
Eggplant proves to be very useful for the treatment of sterility. You just need to consume the eggplant daily with buttermilk.
For getting the proper results of this remedy, it should be followed without fail for a minimum duration of two months.
- Winter Cherry:
This natural herb is the adopted and proved method for the sterility treatment. Take the dried winter cherry herb and convert it into the finely powdered form.
Consume the powder followed by milk regularly. You should monitor the remedy usually with patience. It may take time but certainly will provide you with satisfactory results.
- Milk and Shatavari Powder:
Shatavari is an ayurvedic natural herb, that act as a good natural remedy for the treatment of sterility. Take one tablespoon of this herb and mix it well in one glass of milk. Use the remedy daily before going to bed.
- Ashwagandha Powder:
Ashwagandha natural herb also known as ginseng in India is an age old adequate treatment for the women who are facing any fertility and conceiving issues. It has the following benefits:
- It helps to maintain the hormonal balance.
- To carry out the desired functioning of the reproductive organs.
- To tone the uterus that loses its toning because of recurrent miscarriages.
- It reduces the stress level.
Take one spoon of ashwagandha powder and mix it properly in a glass of warm water. Drink it twice a day to achieve results.
- Black Cohosh:
Black cohosh is very useful herb for female fertility. It helps you to maintain the regular and proper menstrual flow. It enhances conceiving by right implantation of the egg that is fertilized.
According to a study, Pomegranate proves to be an excellent supplement for fertility and female reproduction system. It enhances the flow of blood to the uterus and makes the uterus line thick that avoids any miscarriage. Consumption of pomegranate should be stopped once you have conceived.
This remedy can be followed in either of the two ways:
- Mix the equal quantities of bark and seeds of a pomegranate and convert it into a finely powdered form. Take half spoon of this mixture with warm water two times a day. Follow the remedy for 1 to 2 months.
- Consumption of pomegranate in raw form or its juice also proves to be safe and natural home remedy for sterility.
- Dong Quai:
This natural herb also serves best for regulating the menstrual cycle. If the cause of infertility is some issues related to menstruation then, this remedy works best for sterility.
Take one tablespoon of this ayurvedic herb and add it to one glass of water. Boil the water until it is reduced to half. Drink the mixture regularly except during the menstrual flow to get the required results.
- Chaste Berry:
Do you face problem in ovulation? Do you have elevated levels of prolactin in your body? Then the top-notch home remedy for this sort of infertility issues is chaste berry. Consume it in any form that is liquid, powdered, capsule or as a dried berry; it is very beneficial in all formats for maintaining the hormonal levels in the female body. The focus of the herb is on pituitary glands, and it is highly helpful to let you conceive.
- Massage Therapy:
Massage is beneficial for fertility in women. It helps in ovulation and regulation of menstrual cycles. It encourages natural pregnancy. You can use castor oil, or ginger compresses for the therapy. It is a beneficial remedy to get relief from pelvic pain or pain due to the fibroid. The best way to achieve physiological balance in the female body.
This is a highly important ingredient widely used for several home remedies. It improves women fertility in following ways:
- It can treat endometriosis
- It is popular as a treatment for PCOS that is one of the main causes of infertility.
- It is also useful in the cases where the menstrual flow is absent.
- Helps in preventing yeast infection.
It fights most of the causes of infertility. Add a teaspoon of this spice to one cup of water. Boil it, strain and drink. You can also be used in your daily food.
High consumption of cinnamon is not recommended as it may have side effects on your body.
Dates possess high nutrient value that is helpful for conceiving. It contains vitamin A, E, and B. It is also rich in iron and several other minerals that boost reproductive system and helps you right from ovulation to entire pregnancy period.
You can eat dates in the raw form daily. Minimum 6 to 8 dates should be taken. You can also add it to milk or curd. The other way out is to grind it with coriander roots and boil it in milk. Allow it to Cool and drink. Take it regularly for a week after the last day of your period
- Maca Root:
It is helpful for enhancing the fertility both in men and women due to its nutritional value.
Add half a spoon of maca root powder to milk or water. Boil it, strain, drink it after it gets cooled. Consume it daily. The consumption of this herb is not advisable during pregnancy.
Yoga is a reliable source for getting rid of sterility. It benefits you by maintaining a healthy body, balanced body weight and reducing stress; that are some of the important causes contributing to infertility. Some of the postures of asanas of yoga that are beneficial are:
- Nadi Shodhan Pranayam
- Bhramari Pranayam
- Yoga Nidra
- The postures and method of yoga should be followed properly to get the results, and above all, it should regularly be practiced
- Vitamin D:
Vitamin D is vital for fertility. Its deficiency may result in miscarriages. It is highly required to keep you fertile, conceive and give birth to a healthy baby. It can be consumed in the following manner:
- Exposure to morning sunlight for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Consumption of food having vitamin D content and
- Vitamin D supplements.
Though it has no direct connection to your fertility, it is highly related. It is necessary to have a balanced and healthy diet to achieve full flashed working of your reproductive system.
- Include fruits and vegetables. It possesses antioxidants that are good for the reproductive.
- Include folate-rich foods.
- Include healthy fats. Dry nuts and seeds are recommendable for better fertility.
- Plan the diet which includes all the essential proteins, minerals, vitamins and nutrients to avoid any deficiency.
There exist certain foods that profoundly affects the fertility and should be prevented:
- Seafood, as it is rich in mercury content which may lead to congenital disabilities. Fish can be an exception. Consult your doctor for advice.
- Alcohol and caffeinated beverages.
- Packaged and preserved foods. Especially the food packed in plastics.
- Fast food and artificial sweeteners.
Additional Measures to Enhance Fertility:
- Maintain a balanced weight.
- Avoid smoking and consumption of drugs and alcohol.
- Use the guidance by ovulation calendar to know the most fertile days and plan accordingly.
- Intercourse should be had on a regular basis during your fertile period
- Take up with physical activities or routine exercises to maintain a healthy body.
- Keep your mind relaxed and stressed
- Water should be taken at room temperature. It is advisable for the proper functioning of reproductive organs.
- Avoid the over usage of medicines like contraceptive pills and medications used for manipulating menstrual dates.
- Take proper sleep and provide enough rest to your body.
There exist certain unfortunate conditions in the body that leads to sterility. But you can easily get hold of it by adopting the disciplined and healthy lifestyle. If you take care of yourself and follow up with the cure and prevention mentioned in the write-up for the associated issue you can surely enjoy the happiest feeling of this world that is motherhood.