A lot of people have large pores on the skin. Most of the times it is due to the genetic structure of the person. But sometimes it can also be because of the oily skin. When there is excessive oil on the skin, it enlarges them. The skin may appear more enlarged than usual if the skin is not cleaned regularly.
People with oily skin get acne, pimples, and blackheads if the pores on the skin surface are large or open. Dirt and bacteria, as well as excess sebum, clog the skin pores. This shows up as blackheads, and the pores appear more significant than they are.
Despite this, another reason for enlarged pores is exposure to sunlight for a prolonged period. The harsh sunlight damages the collagen on the skin and reduces the elasticity of the skin. In fact, even if you have good genetics and have not exposed your skin to excessive sunlight, the pores can still get enlarged due to age factor. As you age, the skin losses it’s elasticity, causing the pores to open. Well! Most of the people choose expensive creams, lotions, gels, and masks available on the market to help to close their skin pores. However, it would be best to try some of the home remedies that have been used for thousands of years with fantastic results.
Chemical compositions of such cosmetic skin products and lead to side effects but if home remedies are likely used then, it saves time, money and glowy, healthy skin. To get the best results with no side effects, let’s try few.
Natural Remedies for Open Pores
- Icy Ice
- Elegant Egg Whites
- Beneficial Baking Soda
- Fruitful Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti)
- Bright Banana
- Pale Papaya
- Cool Cucumber
- Sweet Sugar Scrub
- Therapeutic Turmeric
- Tangy Tomatoes
- Refreshing Raw Honey
- Active Aloe Vera
- Sweet Sandalwood
- Outstanding Olive Oil
- Admirable Argan Oil
- Joyful Jojoba Oil
- Tempting Tea Tree Oil
- Opulent Oatmeal Mask
If you have noticed the enlarged pores recently, then you should take the precautions to ensure that the pores don’t enlarge further. You can use ice to close the pores and tighten the skin. It is best to apply the ice before applying makeup on the face so that it doesn’t penetrate the skin layers. The circulation will also be stimulated by using ice.
- Take a few ice cubes and wrap them in a piece of cotton cloth and hold it on your skin for 20 to 35 seconds. You can also opt to wash your face in ice-cold water.
Note: This is recommended on a daily basis, twice, thrice or according to personal requirement.
Applauding Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar prevents treatment to reduce inflammation on the skin as it is a natural astringent. It restores the skin’s ph balance and thus acts as a skin toner as well. It also helps to treat acne and other skin problems like itchiness, rashes, and burning sensations.
- Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (organic) and dilute it in water.
- Dip a cotton ball in the solution and apply it on your face.
- Let it dry and nourish the skin for awhile and then rinse it off.
- If you use this solution every night, the pores on your skin will improve within a few weeks.
Note: Daily usage is highly beneficial as it works as the excellent skin toner.
Elegant Egg Whites
Egg whites draw out the excess oil from the greasy skin. They also help to shrink the pores by tightening the skin. Despite this egg, whites are good skin toners and are the potent natural remedy to treat many skin issues like acne, dryness, lighting, etc.
Methods: Types of egg masks you can use to get rid of open pores naturally.
- You can whisk the egg white and apply it evenly on your face. Wash it off once it dries off completely.
- If you don’t want the foul smell of the egg, you can add 1 tbsp of lemon juice in it. Apply the mixture to the affected skin and leave for 8 to 12 minutes. Later on wash it off with regular cold water.
- You can also opt for a scrub mask by mixing the white part of one egg with two tbsp each of lemon juice and oatmeal. Just apply a thin layer of it on your face and wait till it dries off completely, it will take around 30 minutess. You can then scrub it off before washing the face.
Note: You can apply these masks 2 to 3 times in a week to get the best results.
Beneficial Baking Soda
Baking soda can be used as an exfoliation agent to remove the dead skin layer, impurities, and grime from the face. This home remedy holds antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce pimples, redness, rashes, and acne. Baking soda also helps in prolong preserving the pH level of the skin.
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda in water to make a paste.
- Massage gently for about half a minute after applying the mixture.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water.
Note: You can use this baking soda remedy three or four times a week.
Fruitful Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti)
This natural mask of mud absorbs excess oil from the skin. It cleans the face impurities and also reduces scars and blemishes. Multani mitti works as an exfoliation agent on the surface as well. This natural clay is one of the ancient home remedies to prevent many skin problems, so even is used to treat pimples, acne, rashes and other kinds of irritating skin sensations.
- Take two tablespoons of Fuller’s earth and add rosewater to make a thick paste.
- Apply this herbal mask on your face and leave it for about 15 minutes (or till it dries up.)
- Scrub off the mask and wash with cold water.
Note: Use this pack once or twice in a week as for skin treatment.
The lactic acid in yogurt helps to tighten the skin and close the enlarged pores. It can be combined with different cleansers to give a better effect. It also ensures a substantial impact in curing blemishing.
- You can apply some plain yogurt over your face. Keep it so for 10 to 15 and then wash it off. It will make you feel fresh and energetic. Repeat it daily three or four times a week for at least one month.
- What you need to do is add 1 tbsp. of gram flour and two tbsp. plain yogurt.
- If your skin is excessively oily, you can make a mixture with one tbsp of yogurt, two tablets of aspirin powdered and one whisked egg white. Apply it on the face and affected parts of the skin and leave for about 20 minutes before washing it off.
Note: Go with this remedy twice a week for better results.
Bananas are rich sources of minerals like potassium and also inherited with antioxidant property which is boon for overall health including skin. Its health properties help in healing, rejuvenating and curing skin from many impurities, etc. It also helps in making the smoother skin.
- You need to peel off the ripen banana and mash the pulpy part of it.
- Massage gently over face and leave it for about 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it off with mild water.
Note: Apply this method on alternate days.
This fruity remedy is not only an excellent skin toner but also helps in deep purifying the skin by removing foul impurities and unclogging pores. It also works as an ingredient for skin tightening, and make skin smoother.
- Peel off and mash the ripe papaya.
- Apply it over face and massage it with soft hands.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and rinse the mask with water.
Note: Use papaya mask for skin cure in alter days.
Cucumber is in use to treat skin since ages as it gives coolness and freshness to the skin pores. It nourishes the even beneath the layers and ensures skin tightening. Cucumber also cut off the skin irritations and burning sensations. It rejuvenates skin appearance and also prevents sunburns.
- Use blended cucumber slices and add two tablespoons of lemon juice besides with few drops of honey in it.
- Apply this herbal remedy mask over face, hands, and neck and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Wash over the skin with lukewarm water.
Note: You can put blended cucumber inside the freezer for few minutes for significant impact and can apply this cucumber mask two or three times in a week.
Sweet Sugar Scrub
Well! Sugar is popularly known as one of the best natural remedies to treat skin exfoliation. This sugary scrub helps in removing the dead skin layer and other impurities which can lead to acne, pimples, etc. Sugar mask also used to remove facial hairs.
- Mix sugar with one teaspoon of honey and lemon with few drops of water as well.
- Massage with soft hands over the face and affected skin area for about 3-5 minutes.
- Let it dry for few minutes and then wash face thoroughly with mild water.
Note: You can use brown sugar for practical results and can apply this sugar scrub twice a week.
This ancient Ayurvedic herb is a well known natural antibiotic that helps in killing many unhealthy elements of the body. This ingredient is also being the part of skin treatments since ancient times. The anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibiotic properties. Turmeric is also being the part of cosmetic creams and face washes nowadays. It helps in curing skin problems like dryness, rashes, redness, swelling and other skin irritations. It also brings the golden glow of the skin and works as anti-aging. This herbal remedy is packed with the bundle of health benefits.
- Take one tablespoon of pure turmeric powder and add rose water or milk (individual choice).
- Now apply this rich turmeric mask over the skin for about ten-twelve minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
Note: Avoid staining of turmeric as it gets permanent. You can use this mask four times a week.
Ripen red tomato pulp is a natural remedy with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory elements that works not only to treat skin problems but also hold natural bleaching properties. The acidic ingredients of this ripened fruit prevent oils and skin pigmentation as well. It also supports in the removal of dead cells from the skin and nourishes skin with aging and other properties.
- The fresh pulp of one medium size tomato with a tablespoon of honey (honey is best for dry skin).
- Apply this red mask over the affected skin, face or neck and let it dry for 10-12 minutes.
- Wash it off with mild water and feel the freshness.
Note: This natural remedy is recommended daily to treat skin pores.
Refreshing Raw Honey
Honey is a well potent natural remedy to treat open skin pores. This ingredient is the part of other natural resources as is enriched with many benefits. The antioxidant, anti-inflammatory composition of honey boost up the skin health and nourishes it. The astringent and anti-aging properties also hold skin tightening factor.
- Use raw honey on the affected skin areas and let it dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Wipe it with wet cotton balls (lukewarm water).
- Then wash the skin with the cold water.
Note: Apply this natural remedy daily or in alter days as per requirement.
Active Aloe Vera
Fresh Aloe Vera gel is always a boon to many health problems especially used to treat skin and hair issues. Aloe Vera is being into existence of natural treatment since ages and is one of the potent sources.
This ingredient is nurtured with anti-aging, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. These bundle of boons benefits the skin to cure it from tightening, open pores, aging, and other factors. It also helps in keeping the pH level of the skin and keep it moisturized. Despite this, it nourishes skin as remove excess oil, dirt particles, and other impurities.
- Peel of the aloe vera leaf and take out the gel carefully from it.
- Massage with the fresh peel of aloe gel and let it penetrate beneath the skin cells for about 10-12 minutes.
- Rinse the applied skin area with cold water and feel the moist and smoothing effects afterward.
Note: You can apply this fresh aloe vera gel daily on the affected skin and reduce the size of open skin pores.
Sandalwood is one of oldest home remedy to treat skin, and its natural sweet fragrance leaves an impact of freshness. It is inherited with anti-tanning, anti-aging properties which help in relieving the skin irritations, open pores and rejuvenate it. The potent capacity of anti-bacterial properties gives a layer of protection against UV rays, impurities, and also helps in the clear complexion.
- Mix one tablespoon of sandalwood powder with turmeric powder, honey, and almond oil until it turns into a smooth paste.
- Now apply this herbal paste gently over the skin you want to treat and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off the face and skin with cold water.
Note: Apply this sandalwood mask twice or thrice a week.
Outstanding Olive Oil
The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant composition of olive oil makes it a healthy natural ingredient for overall health including skin treats too. It helps in curing skin dryness, rashes, redness, itchiness and even benefit open pores.
- Massaging with olive oil on open pores or affected skin with other issues in gently way cure the problem.
- Rinse off the olive oil with the wash of lukewarm water is an individual choice. You can also let it on the skin as for smoother touch and the protective layer.
Note: Apply olive oil over the skin daily is the natural boon to safeguard skin from many unhealthy issues.
Admirable Argan Oil
This herbal oil is the fruitful source of fatty acids and Vitamin E which keeps skin hydrated and nourishes thoroughly. In fact, also recommended by dermatologists to treat skin diseases, sunburns, itchiness large open pores, and many types of skin related problems.
- Few drops of argon oil are sufficient to massage over the face.
- Apply gently and massage with it for a couple of minutes.
- Either leave it like this for 25-30 minutes or if want to rinse off with the use lukewarm water (no soap or facewash).
Note: You can apply it every night before going for sleep.
Joyful Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil nowadays is also the part of many herbal soaps and other cosmetic products. This naturally occurring oil is said to similar to skin’s natural oil consistency. It keeps skin hydrated, nourished, rejuvenated and more. It helps in reducing enlarges skin pores and also cleans the impurities clogged in them.
- Apply few drops of jojoba oil (3-4 drops) and massage with soft hands over the affected part of the skin.
- Leave it overnight to penetrate the skin layers and gives complete nourishment.
Note: Go with this remedy treatment four times a week.
Tempting Tea Tree Oil
This natural tea tree oil is rich in antioxidant, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties that help in curing enlarged skin pores and lead to fade off the dark circles, tanning of the skin. This is also enriched with the antimicrobial composition that keeps skin safe from impurities that often causes pimples, rashes, etc.
- For this pour water in a spray bottle and dilute few drops of tea tree oil and shake the fluid well.
- Keep it in the fridge for a bit cooling and once it gets chilly, spray it over the face and skin need to be treated.
- Don’t wipe it off and let it naturally dry. Feel the freshness of this remedy.
Note: Use this refreshing spray remedy every morning and even in the evening.
Opulent Oatmeal Mask
In the list of many home remedy to treat open pores an excellent oatmeal mask is also lined as hold many health benefits. This ingredient is worthy active to cure open pores, exfoliation and reduces the excess oil as well. Oatmeal mask cleans, glows and moisturizes the skin.
- Take one tablespoon of oatmeal and mix it with water to get a paste consistency.
- Apply it over the face, and the skin needs to be treated.
- Let the mask over the skin for at least 30 minuted.
- At last, wash it off with cold water.
Note: This ingredient can also be used with almonds, rose water, besan, buttermilk, curd, Multani Mitti, papaya, tomato, turmeric, honey and more. Use this mask in alter days for better results.
The open pores on the face not just affect your looks but can also cause skin diseases as bacteria gets collected around them. But you don’t need to worry as mother nature has provided all the options for you to ensure that the pores on your skin are taken care of.
So use these remedies and get the glow back on your skin!