The fungus is something that is present almost everywhere. There are more than 60,000 species of fungus in the environment. Many of them remain on your skin for years without causing any damage. But, many times some factors can cause the fungus to change or overgrow that leads to infection.
Some different kinds of diseases include jock itch, athlete’s foot, ringworm that can affect any part of the body and even scalp, onychomycosis that affects nails and candidiasis that infects vagina, urinary tract and mouth.
Many reasons can contribute fungal infection like the side effects of medicines, weak immune system, bad hygiene, skin injury, etc. Anybody can get this infection; even in today’s lifestyle, it is quite common. There are some of the home remedies that destroy fungus that can cause disease.
1. Plain Yogurt
For treating this disease, use plain yogurt. The probiotics in the yogurt keep the growth of fungus in check by producing some lactic acid.
- Dip cotton in the plain yogurt and apply that on the infection area. Leave the yogurt for 30 minutes, rinse it off with warm water and let it dry. Follow this for two times in a day until the infection gets clear.
- Make yogurt the necessary part in your daily diet. Take two to three cups of yogurt daily until the infection secures
- If you have a vaginal infection, dip your tampon in yogurt and insert it for two hours. Do this process twice daily.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
It is the most common treatment for any infection. Because of the presence of antimicrobial properties, this helps in killing the fungus that causes disease. Mild acidic is also includes that helps in preventing the disease from spreading and also promotes the speedy recovery.
- Mix two spoons of vinegar in warm water and drink twice daily.
- Another solution is to dilute the vinegar with the total quantity of water and apply on the affected area. After completing, dry the area with a towel.
- Use any of the remedy mentioned above to get rid of the infection.
3. Tea Tree Oil
This oil has the natural components that help in killing the fungus. It also has antiseptic qualities that stop the virus from spreading to other parts of the body.
- Mix tree oil with almond oil or olive oil and apply the mixture on the affected area several times a day.
- You can also use the combination of tree oil and Aloe Vera gel. Rub it on the infected area twice daily.
- For the infection in the vagina, place some drops of oil on the tampon and insert it inside for two to three hours. Repeat twice a day.
Following all the remedies for several weeks is important.
Garlic is one of the antifungal agents and is very effective in treating the fungal infections.
- Crush two kinds of garlic and add few drops of olive oil. Apply the paste for about 30 minutes on the affected area. Wash it off with warm water and keep it dry. Follow this twice a day.
- For the vagina, wrap one garlic in gauze and put in in your vagina for only 30 minutes. Use it once daily for several days.
Some of the properties of tea help in killing the fungal infections. It also consists of antibiotic and astringent properties that assist in getting rid of the infections like burning, itching, swelling or irritation.
- Soak some of the tea bags in warm water for 10 minutes and then put them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Apply the cold packs on the affected area and repeat the process thrice a day to get rid of it entirely.
- For fungus in the toenail, steep the five black tea bags in the boiling water for five minutes. Let the water cool and then dip your feet in for 30 minutes. Repeat it twice daily.
6. Coconut Oil
This oil works like a wonder on any infection due to the presence of medium fatty acids.
- Gently massage with coconut oil on the infected area and let it dry. Repeat this two or three times daily until the infection is gone.
- Mix coconut and cinnamon oil and apply. Follow the remedy twice to control the growth of infection.
- For the infection of the vagina, soak the tampon in coconut oil and insert it for two hours. After removing, rinse the part with lukewarm water. Repeat it once daily.
7. Olive Leaf
This leaf consists of the antimicrobial properties that help in killing the fungus. This also keeps the immune system healthy that helps in speedy recovery.
- Grind the paste of some of the leaves and apply directly on the infected area. Leave for about 30 minutes, rinse with the warm water and dry the skin. Follow the process once or twice daily.
- If you don’t want to apply the paste, you can also drink olive leaf tea for better recovery. Steep one or two spoons of crushed leaves in boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy.
8. Oregano Oil
The oil fights with the fungus responsible for the infection. Its properties are useful in preventing the fungal infections.
- Mix oregano and olive oil of the same quantity and apply on the affected area for few hours.
- Also, add two to three drops of olive oil in a glass of water and drink it twice in a day.
- You can also go for its capsules. Consume it twice a day after having meals.
9. Cranberry Juice
The cranberry has the antifungal properties that help in preventing fungus.
- Drink several glasses of unsweetened cranberry juice for a month that also makes sure of a faster
- You can also go for cranberry tablets. Consume for two to three times a day, and these are readily available in any medical store.
Along with all the home remedies mentioned above, take a good hygiene to avoid infections. In case you are not getting better, consult your doctor.