How to Get Rid of a Pimple in An Ear Naturally
What is Pimple?
A pimple is defined as a small swelling or elevation on the skin, usually inflammatory, with possible pus formation. The outer layer of skin has many pores and oil glands. A pimple is generally the result of clogging of these pores by dirt, oil, and other impurities.
People with oily skin tend to have more pimples. It is a characteristic of the adolescent age (puberty), but some people can face the problem of pimples irrespective of their age.
Pimples tend to form in the oily areas of the skin, like face and back. However, it is not unusual for people to develop a blister in the ear or around the ear.
What to do When You Get a Pimple in the Ear?
A pimple in the ear is just like any another pimple on the body, but it might be a little less obvious to notice (many people see a blister in the ear when they accidentally touch it, or while combing hair), and a little more painful. There are some general dos and don’ts for pimples which are to be taken care of if you develop a blister inside your ear:
- It is tempting just to squeeze and pop a pimple, but you should entirely avoid it. While it might offer quick respite from a pimple and might even get rid of the blemishes, it is going to have consequences in the long term. Popping a pimple can lead to a spread of infection and an outburst of acne.
- Cleanse it. Like any another pimple, ear pimple is a result of the accumulation of dirt, oil, wax or shampoo in the pores, clogging them and leading to the formation of bacteria. Therefore it’s important to clean the area to get rid of the impurities properly.
- Do not touch it with dirty hands. Rubbing a pimple with unclean hands irritates the skin and might also introduce new bacteria into a blister, leading to an infection.
- Try reducing the swelling with the help of ice. Applying ice on the pimple reduces the redness and swelling around a blister making it less noticeable. It is an excellent alternative to popping the pimple.
- When you search the internet for how to get rid of a pimple in the ear, you will find many home remedies like applying toothpaste or aspirin (mixed with water to make a paste). Applying toothpaste dries a pimple and works well for some people, but it contains many ingredients which might trigger acne. Also, the fluoride and various whitening ingredients can cause skin infections.
- You can try using acne creams with Sulphur benzoyl peroxide, but it’s better if you consult a dermatologist first.
- Don’t be harsh on your skin. Don’t scrub it too hard and try using oil-free
- Don’t overdo things. While it is a good idea to wash your face twice a day, you must use only mild face wash or soap. Use of excessive soap on the skin can lead to dryness and ultimately more oil production (the oil glands work overtime to counter the dehydration caused by the soap or other cosmetics, producing an excess of oil).
- You can use tea tree oil. It is soothing and prevents bacteria. The same goes for the other essential oils.
- Using honey is also safe and effective.
How to Get Rid of a Pimple in the Ear?
- Consult a dermatologist and get rid of a pimple
- Don’t probe it with an earbud. It may burst out a pimple and spread the infection in surrounding area.
- Clean a pimple by wiping it with alcohol soaked cotton ball. It helps prevent the growth of bacteria and infections.
- Using Aloe Vera Gel is quite useful in treating an ear pimple as it has antibacterial properties. Apply the gel to the affected area and leave it for half an hour. Rinse it with lukewarm water and dry the area with a clean towel.
- You can also use hydrogen peroxide. Soak a cotton ball in the hydrogen peroxide solution and gently apply it on the pimple. Allow it to rest for some time and then wash it off.
- Massaging an acne cream on the pimple is also helpful. Use an earbud to gently apply the acne cream on the pimple in your ear and massage in round circular motion. Don’t press the earbud hard on the blister; it may lead to worsening of situations.
- Milk contains alpha hydroxy acids which are very useful in cleansing the pores and removing dead skin cells. It can be used for healing an ear pimple. Just apply milk on the affected area with the help of a cotton ball, leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash off with warm/lukewarm water. Dry with a clean towel.
- Applying ice on the pimple helps in reducing the swelling. But, if you want to get rid of a pimple in the ear you can try a hot compress. For it, you need first to clean a blister (wiping it with alcohol or witch hazel would do), then soak a washcloth (or cotton ball) in hot water and squeeze out excess water. Gently press the washcloth over a pimple (don’t push too hard) for 5-10 minutes. Repeat the process 2-3 times. It helps in loosening up of the pus, making it come to the surface and clear out of its own accord.
- Applying a black tea bag, (wet with hot water) before using the hot compress technique is also useful.
Prevention of a Pimple in the Ear
- Maintain good hygiene; wash your face and ears twice a day with mild cleansing soap.
- Always clean your earphones and headphones before and after use.
- Don’t use unclean earbud.
- Don’t stick your finger in your ears.
- Always wipe the inside of your ear after taking a bath.
Dealing with pimples is complicated (especially the blisters in the ear due to the sensitive area). One must be careful with them and try to avoid experimenting. Consulting a dermatologist is always a good choice as they can provide you expert advice on how to get rid of a pimple in the ear.