If not taken care of properly, women can start experiencing many vaginal infections at some or the other point. The area around vagina can become irritated, and you might start facing a lot of discomfort.
So, it becomes mandatory to maintain your vagina, in order to prevent any kind of discomfort or irritation. Many problems, if they become severe, cannot be treated at home. For that, you would then have to visit the doctors, and might require surgeries in extreme cases.
Some of the severe vaginal problems which women can face are:
- Yeast Infections
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Excessive Watery Discharge
- Vulvodynia, and so on.
In order to prevent all of this, some small healthy tips can be followed. Your ultimate goal should be to keep your vagina clean and dry. Here are some of the tips you can follow in order to maintain your desired goal.
Tips to take care
- Always wash your vagina with warm water and then thoroughly dry it.
- Unless watery discharge is severe, avoid taking any over the counter medicines. They may disbalance the pH level of your vagina.
- Wear cotton underwater if your skin is delicate.
- Don’t wear nylon pantyhose since they trap the heat and moisture, causing bacteria to grow. If you have to wear them, use cotton panty along.
- Use soft toilet papers if you have to use.
- Avoid wearing the thongs.
- Always wash your new undergarments before you wear them for the first time.
- Avoid using too much sanitary napkins. Use tampons instead for your periods.
- Rinse your undergarments carefully and thoroughly.
- Use a mild soap instead of detergent to wash your underwear.
- Don’t scratch your vaginal area.
- Avoid talcum, deodorant, or other such products around your vagina, if they irritate your skin.
- Make a visit to your doctor after regular intervals to test your vaginal health.
These few tips can come really handy when you start feeling irritation in your vagina. They can help prevent the same and cure any sort of irritation you previously experienced.