Dental care awareness is rising every day. Oral Health care is being advertised and published to increase awareness and make everyone little careful and responsible about their teeth and oral health. Despite this, a rise has been noticed in the cases of tooth problems. And as their solution, dental implant has come up.
You must be well aware of dental implant if you’re into the medical field since a long time. The name itself explains a bit of the process. Basically, dental implant is the process that gives life to your beautiful smile and makes your life easier and comfortable. Living without teeth can be a miserable thing, right? So, that’s why dental implant exists and here’s some more of the same.
What is Dental Implant?
According to leading Bellevue dentists, tooth decay, any injury or periodontal disease can lead to tooth loss which is something that nobody wants. It makes the life uncomfortable, causing problems in everything you eat and doesn’t even let you smile freely. Earlier, bridges dentures were the only methods to treat tooth loss. Fortunately, with the development of medical science, dental implant came up.
In dental implant, the tooth roots are replaced. A replacement tooth is provided by the implant that matches completely with your natural tooth, leaving no signs of surgery or artificial look. The metal post is surgically positioned in the place of missing teeth into the jawbone beneath the gums. This gives the illusion of natural teeth and you actually stay comfortable with the artificial tooth.
Types of Dental Implant
The medical science has developed to a far higher level. So, various types of dental implants are invented. However, according to several studies conducted by dentists in Bellevue, researchers say that only two types of dental implants are safe. Opting for any of these two types is preferred. Here’s a brief description of both the types:
- Endosteal implants – These implants are initially implanted surgically into the jawbone. It is left by the time the surrounding gum tissue heals. Once healed, another surgery is organized. Here, post is connected to the original implant. After this, an artificial replacement tooth is attached to the post. This can be done individually or grouping with denture or bridge will also do.
- Subperiosteal implants – This implant is quite complicated but more fruitful and the safest option. These implants have a metal frame which has to be fit into the jawbone beneath the gums. Once this is done, the surrounding gum tissues are left to heal. With time, the implanted metal frame tends to become permanent and fixed to the jawbone. The frame has posts attached that start to protrude through the gums. Now similar to the endosteal implant system, artificial replacement tooth is then attached.
The development of medical science takes place to serve several purposes and offer a lot of benefits. Same is the case with dental implants. There are many advantages and some of them are mentioned below:
- Improved appearance: Dental Implant surgery leaves no sign of artificial look. It looks exactly like your natural teeth. Where you couldn’t smile freely before, now you can laugh and spread happiness everywhere with your beautiful appearance. I recently got dental implants done from Dr. Uparika Sharma who is an amazing Bellevue Dentist and I would recommend her to everyone.
- Improved comfort: Tooth fall can actually make you feel uncomfortable. Dental implants are like natural teeth and the tooth becomes permanent with time. Now you need not tolerate the discomfort of dentures or bridges and you can enjoy the free and happy version of the same.
- Improved speech: Teeth fall causes slip of teeth that leads you to mumbling and slurring your words. Even dentures and bridges also make this happen. Dental Implant has no such side effect and improves your speech.
- Durability – Dental Implant becomes permanent and last for several years. It can even last a lifetime, if taken good care and maintained properly.
- Easier eating: Dentures actually create problems while eating. You’re not comfortable eating with dentures. Dental Implants are very natural and thus, there’s no such problem with it.
- Improved self esteem: You definitely feel better and more confident when you get back your beautiful smile that you can flaunt everywhere. Smile is the best curve of the body and you get to flaunt it flawlessly with dental implants.
Dental implants are almost real, and you don’t get an artificial feeling at all. Even maintenance of death implants is similar to that of natural teeth. Along with regular maintenance, include regular dental checkups in your routine and you’re all set to feel more confident, eat easily and smile freely!