Amenorrhea is an uncommon absence of periods or menstrual cycle. It is a symptom, not an infection or disease. It may rarely cause a severe problem in the body. Amenorrhea has two types, primary amenorrhea, and secondary amenorrhea.
In teenage girls, menses do not occur by the age of 16. It also includes secondary sexual elements such as pubic hair, breast development, etc.
Secondary amenorrhea refers to missing periods or menstrual flow in those women who have gone through menstrual flow but suddenly stop menstruating for more than three months. Some prevalent causes of primary and secondary amenorrhea as follows-
Causes of Primary Amenorrhea:
Primary amenorrhea is usually caused due to development problems. It has the variety of reasons which include: –
- Weight loss.
- Cushing syndrome.
- Pituitary tumor.
- Primary ovarian insufficiency.
- Physical illness.
- High anxiety.
- Frequent headaches.
Causes of Secondary Amenorrhea
Secondary amenorrhea is caused mainly by pregnancy issues, such as-
- Weight loss: – Women who usually do an excessive amount of exercise regularly and lose or reduce a high amount of weight are in danger of developing athletic amenorrhea (hypothalamic amenorrhea). Women who do dieting or maximum exercise do not intake many calories to maintain menstrual flow.
- Drug-induced: – The insufficiency or absence of menstrual bleeding or menses begins naturally after starting the drugs or medications and take up to a year to restart menstrual flow after terminating medications.
- Breastfeeding: – Breastfeeding is the most common cause of secondary amenorrhea. It usually creates a huge problem in menstruation and lasts for an extended period. It mainly depends on a woman how often she breastfeeds.
- Stress: – Stress is the leading cause of secondary amenorrhea. Women or girls who usually take a lot of stress may cause absence of menstrual bleeding or periodic flow. Extreme exercise, over thinking or stress, may lead to secondary amenorrhea.
- Functional Causes: – Functional causes of secondary amenorrhea may include- psychological issues like depression, anxiety, behavioral changes or drug abuse and anorexia, malnutrition, tuberculosis.
- Ovarian Causes: – ovarian causes that result in secondary amenorrhea such as – galactosemia, autoimmune oophoritis, hyperandrogenemia, anovulation, aplasia, Turner’s syndrome, premature ovarian failure and intrauterine adhesions.
Symptoms of Amenorrhea
Amenorrhea is a symptom of the hidden disorder. The most common symptoms of amenorrhea as follows: –
- Hair loss.
- Excess facial hair.
- Vision changes.
- Mood swings.
- Body pain.
- Stomach pain.
- Frustration and irritation.
Women can prevent amenorrhea by following realistic activities.
- Balanced diet.
- Balance work- life.
- Exercise daily (jogging, running, ).
- Avoid consumption of liquor.
- Healthy outlets for stress.
- Maintain a healthy
- Take proper rest.
- Do not stress yourself.
Natural Remedies of Amenorrhea
Following are the best and most commonly used natural remedies to get rid of amenorrhea.
Flax seeds are the most common natural remedy which helps to heal absence of menstrual bleeding. Flax seeds are an excellent source of fiber and are cholesterol free. They mainly contribute to enhancing digestive system.
- You can consume flax seeds with yogurt.
- You can also mix flax seeds in soups, smoothies, juices, soups and many another type of fluids.
- Prepare a mixture of flax seeds, brown sugar, unsalted butter and water and boil this mixture for at least 10-15 minutes and allow it to get cool. Drink the liquid every morning on the empty abdominal.
Blue cohosh is a plant has antiseptic and antioxidant properties. It usually works as an ayurvedic treatment for the absence of menstrual bleeding or periodic flow. Blue cohosh helps to enhance menstrual bleeding on a regular basis and to cure amenorrhea.
- You just need to boil few leaves of Blue cohosh plant in pure water with salt and drink it every morning on a regular basis.
- You can directly consume blue cohosh leaves.
Beetroot is the most common natural remedy to cure amenorrhea. It usually helps to produce red blood cells and also purifies blood as well. It is filled with vitamins, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, and sodium reacts as an excellent antioxidant in managing various health related problems.
- Drink beetroot juice every day in every morning to get relieved from amenorrhea.
- You can also add pieces of beetroot in a salad.
Ginger is one of the best antibiotic and antioxidant agent. It is extremely fruitful in reducing aches and abdominal problems. Ginger is helpful in assisting enzymatic movements or steps and healing menstruation pain and cramps. Regular consumption of ginger can help you to get rid of amenorrhea quickly.
- Take a raw ginger, cut it into pieces and consume 3- 4 pieces on an empty stomach every morning.
- You can add ginger to tea and drink it every day.
- You can also consume the mixture of dried ginger with honey or lemon as well.
Saffron is an active ingredient with antioxidant qualities. It usually helps to treat the absence of menstrual bleeding effectively. The crocin, Picrocrocin, and safranal are chemical constituents that contribute to overcoming amenorrhea.
- Add a pinch of saffron in lukewarm water.
- Drink it twice a day.
- Drinking saffron liquid on a daily basis will surely help you to get rid of
Parsley is one of the best natural remedies that help to heal amenorrhea. It is usually best for various health problems or issues. Parsley takes action as a mild emmenagogue that can restore menstrual flow.
- You just need to cut parsley leaves into pieces and add small pieces of parsley leaves in warm water to form a parsley leaf liquid.
- Drink that liquid three times a day to overcome various health related problems.
Cinnamon is usually the best herb with beneficial effect. It helps to heal various health problems and is also useful for reducing pain and menstruation cramps. Cinnamon helps to ease menstrual cycle. Cinnamon, when assorted with honey, shows paranormal effects helps to overcome amenorrhea and also helps to handle connecting problems like irritation, acne, and aches.
- Mix cinnamon and honey together in warm water to make a healthy Drink that fluid regularly in the morning.
- You can also mix the cinnamon powder in milk and drink it.
Lemon balm is the best herb which has been commonly used to treat amenorrhea. It also helps to overcome other menstrual issues in women.
- You just need to add some lemon balm leaves in boiled water and consume it every day in the morning.
- You can also drink lemon balm leaves tea.
- Drinking lemon balm liquid will surely help you to get off from amenorrhea.
Dill weed is usually a herbaceous plant or herb that has been used as medicine to overcome the various disease. Dill weed mainly helps to cure absence of menstrual bleeding.
- Take some dill weed leaves, cut it into small pieces and boil them in water. Drink that dill weed liquid twice a day to overcome digestive issues and other health-related.
Tomato is the best natural remedy to heal amenorrhea. It has antioxidant properties and usually the best treatment to handle amenorrhea. Tomato is extremely very fruitful for blood circulation.
- You just need to drink two- three glasses of tomato soup every day in the morning and afternoon.
- Consume 2- 3 tomatoes each day to heal absence of menstrual bleeding.
- Make a tomato liquid with the mixture of tomato, ginger, and water. Drink it regularly to cure various diseases.
Fenugreek seeds are also called as methi seeds. It is the most repeated home remedy. Fenugreek seeds help to enhance digestive system. It also acts to increase menstrual flow which can energize uterus functioning.
- Rinse some methi seeds in water for whole night and drink it in the morning.
- On a regular basis, directly consume one spoon of fenugreek or methi seeds directly in every morning.
- You can also use methi seeds as a mouth
False unicorn is the most common and best herb which is used as a medicine to overcome amenorrhea. False unicorn mainly cures infertility problems. It helps to enhance the regular flow of periods or menstrual bleeding. It also contributes to cure other health issues and strengthen the immune system as well. It is consumed to overcome ovarian cysts, menstrual problems, and vomiting from pregnancy.
- Consume false unicorn regularly in the morning to overcome health related problems.
Chasteberry is another best natural herb that helps to balance those hormones which are related to progesterone and estrogen in our body. A balance of hormone is necessary or significant for menstrual bleeding on a timely basis.
- Regularly consume chasteberry herb on an empty stomach every morning.
Fresh fennel herb is the natural remedy to overcome infertility in women body. It usually helps to maintain a liquid or fluid balance in women body.
- You can usually add sweet fennel herb in cooking to balance hormones in the body.
- Consume some amount of sweet fennel herb every morning.
In this write up, we are sharing information about amenorrhea. Causes, symptoms, and remedies of amenorrhea are briefly described for the fast recovery.