Natural Parvo Cure Guide
Canine Parvovirus 2 is a communicable disease found in dogs and now in cats too. This virus attacks mainly on reproductive cell like bone marrow, lymph, nodes, gastrointestinal tract, and heart. It can be transmitted from one dog to another, usually carried out by their hair and feet. It can attack in any age, but mainly it shows the highest rate of death in puppies.
This virus can easily be picked up by unvaccinated puppies by licking ground or eating grass where unvaccinated puppies or dog has pooped, always take care of your dog and puppies while you are out. Wash your hands and home frequently if you have a parvo affected pet. Get your puppies vaccinated on time.
- 1 Early Prevention
- 2 How to Identify if your Dog Is Suffering from Parvo?
- 3 Raw Egg:
- 4 Children’s Pepto:
- 5 White Rice and Hamburger:
- 6 Keep them Hydrated:
- 7 Activated Charcoal:
- 8 Coconut Water
- 9 Electrolyte Solution
- 10 Colloidal Silver
- 11 Ginger Tea
- 12 Chamomile Tea
- 13 White Willow Bark
- 14 DIY Solution
- 15 The Food Should Be Induced Slowly:
- 16 Maintain the Hygiene and Cleanliness Level:
As it is said prevention is better than cure the proper prevention for parvo is vaccination, the early 5 vaccines are distemper, parvovirus, leptospirosis, hepatitis, and parainfluenza. Get your puppy this vaccine between the age of 6-8 weeks and make sure to keep their up to date record.
How to Identify if your Dog Is Suffering from Parvo?
Dogs prone to parvo will show the symptoms in 3 to 10 days, the most common symptoms are:
- Bloody or metallic Diarrhoea
- Weight loss
- Lack of appetite
- Cardiac pain
- Breathing and inhaling problems.
- Gums appears white to gray or dark red in color
- Eyes soak in.
How Can Parvo Be treated Through Modest Home Care or Natural Remedies?
- Your vet will recommend the treatment which will cost you a lot, taking care of your dog at home is another option to carry on with the treatment. You better know what’s going inside dog’s body and you can get him out of the suffering with few modest home remedies. Here are some of the home remedies that will help you to treat your dog against parvo, and will work showing you the noticeable results.
Raw egg or any fresh food is good for your pet. It gives them full energy when they feel weak during the disease and helps them fight it against the disease. Feeding your dog regularly for 3 to 4 days gives him all the required nutrients and come over diarrhea. It is very helpful to treat Parvo.
- Take 1 whole raw egg beat it with a fork and feed your dog. In case he is reluctant you can force feed him with the help of a syringe.
- Repeat this every 4 hours for 3 days followed by 1 teaspoon of Pedialyte.
Feed children’s Pepto 3 times a day until diarrhea has gone; pesto is a kind of tablet which is prescribed at the time of stomach trouble, diarrhea, heartburn and upset stomach. It will give your dogs the relief from the suffering if it is given as per the directions. It is one of the best and recommended treatments against the parvo in dogs.
White Rice and Hamburger:
Feed 1/ 4 cup of white rice boiled in chicken broth will add extra nutrients and hamburger for every few hours if your dog holds it slowly introduced to soft dog food or otherwise feed them a raw egg for 2-3 more days.
Keep them Hydrated:
Hydration is the key any diseases as parvo leads to diarrhea which in result dehydrated the dog, keeping them hydrated constantly will be vital. You can consult a veterinarian and ask for the required liquid substitutes and always keep it at home, and that shall be provided to your dog regularly as per the guidance.
Another reason for the suffering may be a depletion in electrolyte level of your dog, which can be easily be fulfilled by providing the right Pedialyte to your dog by inducing it in water. The quantity and directions for giving the Pedialyte should be well understood and consulted by the vet.
Activated charcoal works best in dehydration mix 1 tsp of activated charcoal in 1 cup of electrolyte and feeds them which the help of a syringe. Do this as much frequent you can give by maintaining a gap of half an hour, once you see improvement repeat this in every two hours followed by on condition of diarrhea if improving feed the solution in every four hours don’t hesitate to increase the frequency if needed.
Coconut water is a great natural electrolyte solution, feed coconut water thrice a day with the help of a needleless syringe.
To hydrate dog, you make your electrolyte at home here
What you need:
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Mix all the three ingredients well
- Feed it with the help of needle as much frequently as it is possible.
Another easy home remedy which works great is colloidal silver. Colloidal Silver finds its use in treating the human beings as well as animals against the diseases. The colloidal silver kills the virus responsible for causing the disease by depriving them of the oxygen. Once the cause for infection is removed, the recovery can be quicker and easier.
This antibiotic can be used for both puppies as well as the adult dogs, but the quantity should always be kept in mind.
- Feed 1 teaspoon 4 times a day to puppies and 2 teaspoons to adult dogs.
You should consult your vet before providing any homeopathic treatment to your dogs in combination with the prescribed vaccination and also the recommended dosage should be clearly known.
This tea helps in calming down the digestive system.
What you need
- 1-inch ginger
- 1 cup water
- Bring water to boil
- Add ginger
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes
- Cool it down and feed your dog with the help of the syringe.
This is another great herbal option not only hydrates your pet, but also relax and sleep them. If the dog vomits then after consuming wait for a while before feeding them again.
What you need
- Chamomile tea
- Prepare chamomile tea
- Cool it down
- Feed it with the help of syringe
- Repeat this twice a day until you see improvement.
White Willow Bark
This contains fever and pain reducing property and acts like aspirins. But is hard to find out search it on Amazon for an effortless way to get it.
What you need
- Inch of white willow Bark
- 1 cup water
- Boil water with white willow bark in it
- Simmer it for 3-5 minutes
- Let it rest for 20-30 minutes until you notice red color water
- Strain it and feed dog with the help of syringe
- Repeat this twice a day for 1 week or until you see improvement in dog’s nature
Create your homemade solution to prevent parvo.
What you need
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup Pedialyte which contain zinc
- Activated charcoal tablet
- Mix both Water and Pedialyte in 1-litre bottle
- Add activated charcoal table in it well crushed
- Feed 10 ml of solution in every 15 minutes
- If your dog signs improvement within 4 hours then continue to give it in every 30 minute
The Food Should Be Induced Slowly:
Parvo leads to weakness in your puppy, and as a result, it may result in improper digestion on eating which in turn results in vomiting. The best way out is to induce the food in your puppies at a slower rate and that too in small portions.
Switch their diet to liquid dietary supplements than usual and regular food. It should be followed until they gain the energy back. You may get back to their normal diet once you notice the improvement in their health.
Maintain the Hygiene and Cleanliness Level:
Always keeps the surroundings of your pet clean. Especially the excretory matter should be cleaned instantly as it may lead to further infection. Use the bleach to clean the areas your dog uses profoundly else may result in multiplication of viruses and the disease will spread to the infected pet and other dogs too through your dust in shoes or any other way.
The dog suffering from parvo should be kept in a separate room for the instance to avoid any further spread to other pets if any.
It is possible to cure parvo with home remedies, although some condition requires vet if health got worse. However, the above home remedies will help your dog to overcome parvo in just a few weeks.
Once your dog is free from parvo, do visit vet for further advice and checkups since parvo can return quickly as they can live in an environment for 1 year.