Home Remedies for Paralysis (Natural Cure for Paralysis)
Paralysis causes the loss of muscle function, affecting the body partially or completely. Some common causes of this condition include nerve disorders, autoimmune diseases, tumor, stroke, nervous or spinal trauma and hemorrhage. Paralysis is of several types –
- Hemiplegia – affecting a side of the face and the corresponding limbs.
- Monoplegia – affecting a single limb.
- Diplegia – Paralysis of the entire body.
- Paraplegia – Affecting both left and right side of the body.
Depending on the extent of the condition, patients can be given natural treatments at home under the guidance of experts in the respective fields of naturopathy, Ayurveda, and Yoga.
Natural Cure for Paralysis
Several herbs, root vegetables, condiments, and fruits can help in treating paralysis in the most natural way and without any side effects. The patient can be administered herbal drinks made from these ingredients or in some cases, given with food to effectively heal their paralytic symptoms.
- Blueberries – This is an excellent home remedy for treating facial paralysis easily. The immune boosting qualities of the blueberries along with their great antioxidant properties go a long way in naturally healing paralysis. A cup of fresh or frozen blueberries should be consumed by the patient every day to help the myelin sheath of the constricted facial nerves to repair itself and restore the normal form gradually.
- Cayenne – Cayenne is a super formula for treating paralysis. It increases the flow of blood in the patient’s body, opening up the constricted nerves. The patient should be administered tea prepared from the cayenne The drink has to be taken a day thrice for best results. Alternately, rubbing cayenne on the paralyzed parts can also benefit. However, expecting mothers with issues of high blood pressure should consult an herbal medical practitioner before using this remedy.
- Goldenseal – This exotic herb helps in relieving symptoms of Paralysis by restoring the normal flow of blood in the body’s blood vessels. The active ingredient found in this herb is called berberine. A water extract is made from this herb by steaming it. A clean cloth has to be soaked in this warm liquid, squeezed and administered as a warm compress on the paralyzed areas of the body. Goldenseal root can be ground with cayenne to make a healing paste to be applied a thrice a day on the areas affected with Paralysis.
- Asparagus – Asparagus is an unparalleled natural remedy for Bell’s palsy. Being a powerhouse of amino acids, vitamins, calcium, folic acids and fibers, the herb when administered for a considerable time can completely heal this particular Paralytic condition by strengthening the muscles and the nerves. To use it, fresh juice can be extracted from the plant and can be drunk by the patient. Another effective method is to include steamed asparagus in the patient’s daily diet.
- Ginger Root – Ginger root goes a long way in treating Paralysis naturally. This natural pain reliever is loaded with anti-inflammatory compounds which help in relieving the symptoms of paralysis. To immediately soothe the paralytic muscles, the patient can apply ginger root paste on the affected area, allowing it to rest for around 45 minutes. Alternately, a concoction can be made with two tablespoons each of powdered flaxseed and ginger juice and brewed in 2 cups of water. The patient can drink this mixture with some added honey for best results.
- Sugarcane Root – To alleviate the symptoms of paralysis, the patient can be given a sugarcane concoction. To make it, 1 kg of coarsely ground sugarcane root has to be boiled in water until reduced to half its original quantity. This mixture will have to be strained and combined with six grams each of black pepper, piple bamsalochan, Licorice, cardamom and 1/2 kg of crystallized sugar candies called Misri. This mixture further will have to be boiled to a syrup consistency. This herbal medicine can be administered to the patient in a dosage of 1 to 2 grams every day until the condition is healed.
- Licorice Root – Licorice root is a natural steroid. It has special anti-inflammatory properties which are greatly effective in treating Paralysis by restoring the balance in the constricted nerves. Patients of paralysis should be given Licorice tea to reduce any symptoms of pain and inflammation. The tea can be prepared by simmering two parts of the root in 2 cups of distilled water. The tea needs to be given before meal times, and thrice a day for best results.
Yoga and Pranayama to Get Rid of Paralysis
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, whose benefits remain unparalleled in the treatment of various ailments. In exceptional conditions and under the supervision of an experienced yoga trainer, the postures can be performed sitting on a sofa or a chair with the back erect, mind focused, and body relaxed.
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama (Nadi Shuddi Pranayam) – This is touted by the Yogic experts to be the most efficient home remedy for paralysis. For this, the patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The index and long fingers of either hand have to be placed on the forehead, with the little finger curled. The upper part of the arm will be parallel to the ground, and the elbow will remain in front. This is called the Nasagra Mudra. Now, the patient has to close his opposite nostril (e.g. left nostril if using right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb. The same breathing exercise will have to be performed with the other nostril while continuing to maintain the mudra or posture. This breathing technique can be carried out on the side of the body which is healthy and not affected by paralysis. This pranayama can be done in a cycle of 10 to unlimited times, for 1 to 2 hours continuously for several days and gradually increasing the count every time. Using this powerful technique, many patients have been reported to have recovered completely in a matter of few hours or 7 to 15 days, depending on the extent of their condition.
- Parvatasana – This is said to be one of the most effective yoga techniques which heal patients of paralysis attacks. It is greatly beneficial in treating paralysis by strengthening the nervous system and the muscles. Parvatasana which translates to Mountain pose helps in restraining paralytic parts of the body by stretching the spinal cord, abdomen and muscle arms. For this, the patient can be made to sit on a chair or sofa or ideally, in a cross-legged position, if comfortable, with arms in the front and fingers interlocked. He will need to inhale deeply and exhale completely throughout the following exercises. He will lift up the thighs and hips such that his entire body rests on the knees. He will raise up the hands above his head while exhaling and turn the palms outwards while stretching the body upwards. The body can be gradually relaxed as he exhales after maintaining the pose for a good few minutes. This exercise can be followed for several cycles once or twice a day in the morning and evening.
- Siddhasana – This yogic posture is said to cure Paralysis by awakening the body’s energy centers called the ‘chakras.’ Ideally, the patient needs to sit on the floor with the legs stretched in the front. The patient needs to be helped to bend his left leg towards the perineum while holding his left knee and vice-versa. The hands will have to be placed on each heel with the eyes closed. The thumb and index finger of each hand will be joined in a specific mudra or posture. The neck should be lowered while touching the lower part of the throat with the chin. Remaining in this proper holistic position for several minutes a day can energize the body to the extent it can heal Paralysis completely.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Paralysis
The Ayurveda method of treatment for various forms of paralysis combines a special diet, herbal medication and holistic therapies of different types of massages. The concept of this ancient yet effective method is to heal the condition by normalizing the natural flow of energy within the body while correcting the particular ‘doshas’ or energy imbalances. External techniques like massages and heat modalities restore normal functioning of the motor and sensory parts of the brain, improves the functioning of the nervous system and body circulation. The herbal concoctions act as internal medicine boosting the body’s blood flow. The special diet includes natural antioxidants increases brain oxygenation and brings slows down cell death.
- Ayurvedic medicines – Ayurvedic doctors commonly prescribe 1 gm each of Ashwagandha powder, Vata Vidhwansan Rasa, Chopcheeni chuma, and Pippli Moola to the patient, to be taken thrice every day.
- Ayurvedic massages – The affected body parts can be massaged with Mahanarayan oil to heal the condition.
- Ayurvedic diet – Depending on the vata dosha or energy imbalance in the patient’s body, he is prescribed a special diet. Patients are advised to eat freshly cooked, warm meals combining sweet, salty and sour tastes as opposed to pungent, bitter and astringent foods.