How to Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally in Men
A very commonly mentioned termed “testosterone” is nothing but the male hormone produced by the testes. Though men and women both produce it, (in women, ovaries produce a certain amount of testosterone), still it is produced in greater concentration in the male.
Testosterone is responsible for the secondary sex characteristics in men. These are mainly the following:
- The hair on the chest and the face.
- The deeper voice in men.
- Testosterone contributes to a healthy libido.
- It builds muscles and bones.
- It maintains an energy level in men.
As most of you know, it primarily affects the sex drive in a man. However, it is also important for the above reasons. Now, the problem with testosterone levels is that they keep fluctuating. This fluctuation is more towards the reduction than the increase in levels. As a result, testosterone levels fall in a male body.
Reasons for fall in Testosterone Levels in a Male Body:
There can be multiple reasons for the drop in testosterone levels in a male body. We have discussed a few of them below.
- Age: After a certain age, generally thirty or above, men experience a reduction in testosterone level. This confuses people as they think they are losing interest towards having sex. But this is not the case. It is just because of the drop in testosterone levels.
- Other Ailments: Men having problems such as diabetes, depression, high blood pressure and coronary artery disease also lose the interest from sex due to lower testosterone only.
Testosterone levels in a man vary from 300 nanograms per deciliter to 800 nanograms per deciliters, 300 and 800 is the upper bound and lower bound respectively. This can be dis-balanced again due to injuries to the testicles, testicular cancer, HIV/AIDS, type 2 diabetes or obesity, infections or any severe liver or kidney diseases. There can be a fall in the levels due to hormonal disorders also.
However, if you are facing low testosterone levels without such symptoms, you should consult a doctor. There are a lot of remedies to increase the testosterone levels in a man. Let us take a look at few of them.
Remedies to Increase Testosterone Levels in Men:
As you have already read, generally the low levels are a result of increasing age. You can treat this with home remedies. Natural resources are the best as they work and don’t have any side effects at the same time.
- Exercise: obesity can be a reason that you have low levels of testosterone. All you need to do is work out a lot and lose as much weight as possible. High-intensity peak fitness regimes can be adopted for this purpose wherein twenty minutes; you can get the perfect fitness you have always wanted. Weightlifting is a great way of doing this. This will automatically and naturally increase the testosterone levels in your body.
- Proper Diet: most of the physical ailments in this world can be solved if you maintain a good diet and increasing testosterone levels fall in the same category. You need to maintain the following diet:
Food Rich in Vitamin D:
Vitamin D is good for boosting your testosterone levels. You can have tuna, low-fat milk, and dairy products, egg yolk, fortified cereals.
Food Rich in Zinc:
Oysters, beef, beans, and shellfish are rich in zinc. Maintain them in your daily diet will keep your testosterone levels in a check. Over cooking of food will result in a reduction of zinc levels in your food so make sure that you cook your food till the right time.
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety: stress hormone cortisol is released every time you are stressed. This results in a reduction in the effect of testosterone in your body. In recent days, due to work pressure, this is very commonly seen in men. Even before aging, they lose interest in mating. The reason might be a reduction in testosterone levels. The best way is to reduce stress. You can go for acupuncture which is known to reduce stress. This will raise the testosterone levels in your body.
- Maintain the Vitamin and Mineral Levels: you need to maintain vitamin and mineral levels in your body. You can take supplements for this as well.
- Get a Lot of Sleep and Rest: less sleep and rest can result in more than 10 to 15 percent fall in testosterone levels in your body. Make sure you get good sleep and rest to assure balanced levels even with age.
Other ways increase testosterone levels in your body can be through medication or supplements:
- Vitamin D and Zinc supplements are available in the market. You can take them regularly after consulting your physician. This can increase the testosterone levels in your body.
- Certain injections also improve the levels.
- In older adults, even calcium has been seen to improve the levels. So you can take calcium supplements.
- Certain herbal supplements can result in a boost of testosterones in men: Ashwagandha, Ginger, Horny goat weed, Shilajit, Tongkat Ali.
All of them are known to increase testosterone levels in men. Many of them have first been used on animals and then on humans and have been proven to be useful in this regard.
- Avoid estrogen-like many types of plastics have BPA and other chemicals that reduce testosterone levels.
- Reduce consumption of excess alcohol and drugs if you want your hormones to stay balanced.
- There are many supplements on the market that claim to increase testosterone levels in men. You can try them if you want but it is better to consult a doctor as they can have adverse effects and bad side effects.
- Topical gels can be used to increase testosterone levels in your body.
So, these are a few ways by which you can increase testosterone levels in your body. Natural methods can be followed directly whereas consulting your physician, and you can try the intake of supplements. Follow them and bring back the excitement in your life and at the same time, stay fit and avoid getting old before your age.