How to Get Rid of Toddler Tooth Cavity
Toddler often experiences tooth cavity, and it is a big concern for parents according to studies 42% of toddler age between 2 to 11 have a cavity in their primary teeth. Not only eating candies causes tooth decay but taking a wrong diet not full with nutrient can also, causes tooth decay.
Often surgery, filling or root canal is recommended by a dentist, but you can reverse it by some dietary changes.
Tooth decay usually occurs due to large consumption of carbohydrate such as sugar and starch present in sweets, cakes, etc. they are frequently left on teeth which produce bacteria which produces an acid, and over a period this acid destroys tooth enamel and causes tooth decay.
Things that Contribute Tooth Decay:
The main four things which helped tooth decay are below:
- Too much consumption of processed sugar.
- Consumption of phytic acid rich food.
- Lack of vitamins such as A, D E, and K.
- Lack of mineral in diet such as calcium, magnesium and phosphorous.
How to Get Rid of Cavity:
Don’t just depends on brushing and flossing yes, they are the major part of oral health but apart from daily brushing and flossing you can get rid of toddler tooth decay by simple changes like.
The main culprit which feed oral bacteria that prevent a healthy flow of dental fluid, avoid artificial sugar as much as you can instead use a natural sweetener like raw honey, maple syrup and drink fresh fruit juices to fulfill your sweet craving.
Consume Raw Dairy and Nutrient Rich Food:
Filled with vitamins and natural mineral dairy maintain the healthy dental fluid and maintain oral wellness and strong teeth. Raw cheese, organic butter are some great option, and one should not forget to have milk as it is loaded with calcium, magnesium, vitamin k2 and lot more.
To beat tooth decay include this ingredient in your daily toddler diet.
- Bone broth, meat, egg, and fishes.
- Raw vegetable especially green leafy vegetable.
- One Fruit daily.
- Get plenty of sunshine for vitamin D3.
- Healthy fats like coconut oil, avocado oil, and fish cod liver oil.
- Nuts, seed, and beans that are sprouted.
- Say big NO to processed food.
Eliminate Phytic Acid
The acid which is a mineral blocker and enzyme inhibitor found in grains and seed, by consuming them by an ancient technique that is by sprouting or fermenting, which kills of phytic acid.
Try to eat only organic food and GMO-free, due to modern cultivation technique using high phosphate fertilizer increases the phytic acid content in food which can cause loss of appetite, tooth decay, and nutrient deficiency.
Use Fluoride-free Toothpaste:
Using mineralizing toothpaste can be expensive instead try using fluoride free toothpaste which is more pocket-friendly, or if not make your toothpaste with these simple ingredients.
What you need
- Coconut oil 4 tsp.
- Baking soda 2 tsp.
- Peppermint or clove oil 20 drops.
- Calcium or magnesium powder 1 tsp.
- Mix all the ingredient well.
- Store in air tight container.
- Use regularly like you use