How to Get Rid of Cavities with Home Remedies
Get Rid of Cavities Naturally with Home Remedies
Cavities are forms of tooth decay that vary in severity. They occur due to a multitude of factors, and they came in three forms, coronal, root, and recurrent. They are mainly influenced by lifestyle and how often we use toothpaste and fluoride-rich water. It is a common misconception that fluoride is responsible only for the whiteness of the teeth while it is mainly responsible for the strength of teeth and how it resistant it is to decay. Before we delve deeper into the details of cavities, how to evade them, and how to cure them naturally, let’s explain first the three types of cavities out there.
- Coronal cavities are the mildest yet common type of cavities. They mostly occur among children and adults. Coronal cavities cause teeth and particularly chewing surfaces to decay mildly, and possibly severely if left untreated.
- Root cavities are the most severe type of cavities that a human can get. They target roots Some of the root cavities are so severe that they cannot be treated entirely. They can only be coped with using medical substitutions such as crowns and fillings.
- Recurrent decay is uncommon. They drove their name from the fact that they occur only to those with fillings or crowns installed in their teeth. The fillings usually have a high tendency to accumulate plaque which can lead to decay in the long term.
Now that we have the definition and the type of cavities covered, we’ll move forward to discuss their reasons. Leading a healthy lifestyle is a big determinant in whether a person gets cavities or not. By healthy lifestyle, we mean making teeth and body friendly food choices instead of following whims regularly. For instance, if you feel like eating something sugary, you opt to choose a bar of chocolate over a bowl of fruit salad. That choice on its own will not affect your teeth significantly because one meal never does big damage, either to the teeth or the body. But a life riddled with similar choices will put you in the fast lane for teeth decay.
The other nutritional factor that deeply affects teeth decay is fluoride-rich water. Drinking plenty of water packed with a decent amount of fluoride will greatly help in building and protecting healthy teeth. You do not have to carry bottles of fluoride-rich water around, a fair amount on a daily basis is enough. Also, water cleans the cavities on a regular basis, even if it is not rich in fluoride. In fact, this the job of the saliva that you are meant to help by drinking plenty of water. At least enough to ensure that your body is hydrated.
Cavity prevention can only be achieved if you take care of your teeth periodically, either by brushing or flossing. You may not be a fan of chemical treatments, but flossing and brushing are the main cavity fighters you have at hand. You may opt to brush your teeth fewer times than recommended but what you do not do in brushing, you should make up for in flossing.
Like any other disease, the ultimate form of cavity prevention is periodical checkups by your dentist. Leaving further periods between each visit increases the chance of getting cavities. Also, when you are picking your diet, it is important that you opt for starchy and green foods. They include enough minerals to enrich your teeth structure. Staying away from acid exposure is highly recommended as well.
As obvious, the main part of your cavity prevention routine boils down to your lifestyle. So basically, you can say that getting cavity is more of choice than an inevitable destiny. If you have problems get your daily diet in check, maybe you need to resort to help. By help, we mean either live help in the form of a physician, family, and friends or electronic help in the form of a food intake regulating application on your mobile or your computer. In any way possible, you should always remember that getting cavities is something that you can control if you are careful enough.
How to Discover Cavities
While this article mainly focuses on how to cure cavities using home remedies, it is important to mention that a periodical visit to the dentist is necessary. You may be repelled by either the idea of seeing a doctor or the bill they charge you afterward, but if they are good at one job, it is detecting whether you have a teeth-related problem or not. If your dentist is good enough, you will be able to discuss with him or her what you’re comfortable with and what you would not like to use. If you are against chemical options, do not be shy to let them know that. Only speaking up will make your visit worthwhile. Apart from what your dentist can say, we’ll take a detailed look at how you can discover tooth decay on your own in the upcoming segment.
- Pain is the most prominent factor for any disease, be it a teeth-related one or in any other part of your body. If you feel any pain, pause whatever you’re doing and get it checked out. Cavities could hurt when you are chewing a specific kind of food or any food at all. It depends on the type of cavities you have and the severity of the problem. Whatever you do, once you feel pain, do not ever ignore it. It will most certainly get worse.
- The color is the second sign that your teeth are decaying. It is also a bit of an advanced stage which is why we should assert, again, that you get your teeth checked out whenever you feel any pain. If you ignore the pain long enough, your teeth may be ruined Teeth are not like bone, they are not replaceable, at least not yet. The color of your teeth should get darker the longer you have cavities. If color coded, the stages can be seen as yellow, gray, then black. You can either check your teeth in a mirror or have a family member or a friend check them for you.
Causes of Tooth Decay
Tooth decay primarily causes of food decay is the consumption of large amounts of carbohydrates. Mouth bacteria thrives on sugary foods and thus large amounts of residual if sugar in the mouth invites a corresponding number of bacteria. The longer the bacteria resides on the chewing surface or in between your teeth, the more acid they secret, and the bigger they affect the teeth. This cause is combined with several other ones, some of them are listed below.
- Lack of specific minerals in the general modern diet such as phosphorus, calcium, and magnesium.
- Over-consumption of foods rich in phytic acid and processed sugar.
- The absence of soluble vitamins such as A, D, E, and K.
Home Remedies to Fight Cavities
To reverse the effect of cavities, you will need to follow a bundle of steps. Each step is effective only when taken alongside others. Before taking off on your journey to fight, it is important that you sure none of the prevention steps mentioned earlier is dropped. Commencing a tooth decay reversal routine does not mean that you should drop your prevention one. There are still teeth in your mouth that requires proper care, even if some are infested with cavities.
Clove is the jack of all trades for dental issues. It heals, rectifies, and strengthens. Clove has many anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial characteristics that help elevate the pain of cavities, limit its effect, and reverse it if applied on the long run. Using clove to cure the cavities problem is easy.
- For the clove routine to take full effect, it should be applied every night before you go to bed. Clove needs to be mixed with sesame oil before you start applying it to the affected teeth. After you mix about a ¼ spoon of sesame oil with three or four drops of clove oil, dip a piece of cotton in the solution, and apply it gently to every infected tooth.
- Chewing is a more archaic way to use clove as a home remedy for dental issues. Some may argue that it is more efficient than using the solution mentioned above. All you should do chew on a piece of clove until you feel the oil is al out. The affected teeth should do the chewing.
It might sound counter-intuitive at the beginning, but salt can help solve a few dental issues. It is rich in antibacterial and antiseptic characteristics which make it an ideal candidate for a toothache situation. If applied correctly, it has the potential elevate pain, draw out infection, inflammation, and prevent bacterial growth inside the mouth. Here is how to use salt as a home remedy.
- To reverse the effect of cavities using salt, you will have to create a salt solution. Drop a teaspoon of salt in a glass of water. Sip the water but do not swallow. Swish the water in your mouth for around one minute, and repeat the process four or five times throughout the day, preferably after brushing or flossing. You can go on using the salt solution as long as you feel the effect of cavities has not been reversed.
- Alternatively, you can develop a more complicated recipe that some argue can have a quicker and more decisive The solution consists of a ½ teaspoon of salt mixed with either mustard or lemon juice. Once you have the paste, use it massage your inner gum lines. After you’re done, gargle with warm water. For this recipe to work, you will have to do it at least three times every day until the effect of cavities is reversed.
Garlic is known as a golden element for alternative medicine. It certainly does not fall short when it comes to dental problems. Garlic is rich in antibiotic and antibacterial elements. It is ideal for pain relief and cavity reversal. Generally speaking, regular garlic intake promotes stronger teeth and healthier gum lines.
- Garlic works best in a paste. To prepare this remedy, you will need to crush three or four cloves of garlic and combine them with ¼ teaspoon of salt. After the paste is liquid enough, apply it to the infected teeth and wait few minutes, preferably ten. Rinse it with mouthwash and repeat this process three times every day to eliminate cavities.
- Garlic oil also works as an antibacterial agent. You can apply it in the same way that you can use clove oil. Dip a piece of cotton in it and apply the cotton to the affected tooth. Rub gently and wait for few minutes before rinsing. If garlic oil isn’t available, you can opt to chew on raw garlic instead.
According to the American Chemical Society’s journal, a dried licorice root is rich in Lycoris flavan A and licorice in. Both vitamins play an integral role in fighting bacteria and limiting its growth. In general, licorice can reduce plaque and help keep your teeth in a better condition. It is recommended that you keep licorice-based home remedies a habit even after getting rid of cavities. Licorice can be applied in two ways to help you get rid of cavities.
- Brushing your teeth with dried licorice root on a daily basis will not only help you get rid of cavities but will also prevent bacteria from traveling to nearby teeth, thus limiting their effect, which is why it is recommended that you keep using it even after you get rid of cavities.
- If you are a fan of regular toothpaste, you can use a licorice root in lieu of a toothbrush to amplify the healing factor. Although, it is advisable that you resort to combining both methods if you are looking for the critical effect.
Cod Liver Oil
Cod liver oil is regarded as one of the most undermined rich oils out there. It is ideal for healing tissues and fighting bacteria. It can be sold separately in bottles or be taken as capsules. To get it to have a critical effect, you will need to combine it with a butter oil supplement. For general health-related purposes and not dental-exclusive ones, you could consume them separately. The mixture can be useful in two ways.
- As you should be doing with any other oil, start by soaking a piece of cotton into the oil, wait for at least thirty seconds until you make sure that it is done soaked then start rubbing the chewing parts of your teeth with the cotton. Doing this periodically is necessary to get rid of cavities as soon as possible.
- Cod liver oil and butter oil are rich in many vitamins such as A, D, and K. These vitamins are known for their anti-bacterial properties thus work just as good when swallowed as capsules. The effect, however, will reach its peak on the long-run.
This is one of the oldest methods to treat cavities yet one of the most effective. It is commonly known as oil pulling. It highly concentrates on relieving pain and getting rid of tooth infection, including cavities. Oil pulling is all about swishing long enough to trap the bacteria. Here’s what you have to do.
The recipe to create this borderline magical mixture is mixing two of any kind of vegetable oils. Preferably, coconut and olive oil, leave them to simmer in a cup for thirty minutes, throw the mixture in your mouth and swish for five to ten minutes then set. Rinse your mouth afterward, and you are good to go.
This is another home remedy that might sound counterintuitive but is excellent to fight bacteria. Alcohols, in general, are known for their immense ability get rid of bacteria wherever they may be. Within the body, on its surface, or outside it entirely. For this remedy, you can use any drink with a concentrated amount of alcohol, preferably gin, vodka, and whiskey. Due to its concentrated nature, this remedy can be applied only once every day. The steps to apply it correctly are as follows.
- Make sure a ¼ cup of gin, vodka, and whiskey is kept at room temperature long enough before pouring them together into a cup. If doable, shake the cup for few seconds.
- Get a washcloth, dip it in the mixture, then carefully use it as a compress on the affected teeth. Stay there for about five to ten minutes then start gently rubbing the gum line for about two or three minutes more. Rinse your mouth, gargle, and do the same procedure the next day until your teeth are cavity-free.
Wheatgrass is another undervalued cure for dental problems. It is by far the most effective home remedy to limit the growth of bacteria inside the mouth. It also does a wonderful job when it comes to elevating toothache. Due to its magnificent benefits for both dental, other bodily problems, wheatgrass is recommended by many physicians as a medicine supplements and is already a favorite amount alternative medicine enthusiasts. Curing a toothache in two ways can be useful.
- Drinking a cup of wheatgrass on a daily basis is enough to keep your teeth glowing and bacteria-free. It is also ideal for cavity prevention due to its certain yet long-lasting effect. A cup of wheatgrass in the morning on a daily basis is highly recommended.
- The other method is the washcloth or cotton compress and rub. A method that you should be familiar with by now since we spoke of it many times before with other oils. Also, chewing on a raw piece of wheatgrass until it starts leaking enough oil to clear the mouth is a viable option.
Plain Old Tea
Tea is in each and every home. We know it as a hot beverage that we like to drink and mix with other beverages such as milk. It comes in many flavors, and it appeals to a very broad demographic spanning teenagers and seniors. Tea can be bought ready or brewed at home. What we do not necessarily know about tea is that it is highly effective as a germ deterrent. When combined with a small amount of water, it can help us get rid of germs and bacteria almost anywhere. Needless to say, it works perfectly with the mouth since it has an abundance of saliva to interact with. Here’s how you can prepare and apply the tea remedy.
- You will need a tea bag of your favorite flavor, preferably a green tea bag, a cup of water, and for an optimal effect you add white honey, and as many lemon juice drops as you can take.
- After you have the ingredients ready, brew a cup of tea by soaking the green tea bag in the hot cup of water and let it simmer for two or three minutes before adding the honey and lemon drops. It is recommended that you drink at least two or three cups of tea on a daily basis as long as you have cavities or a toothache.
The cycle of cavities can be broken down into four parts, prevention, detection, cure, and adopting a healthy routine to prevent it from coming back. Getting rid of cavities may take time, but on the other hand, you will be using home remedies. Stuff from your kitchen that is easy to apply and completely free of harmful chemicals. As mentioned earlier, to get an optimal effect out of the remedies mentioned above, you will need to stick to them as long as possible and apply as many of them as possible at the same time. It may take longer than you expect but at the end, you will certainly be pleased that you have done things the right way.