Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally Home Remedies
Blackheads are small pores which are present in the area where sebum is secreted in a significant amount. Mostly blackheads are visible on face, neck, and nose. They occur due to excess secretion of sebum from the sebaceous gland. The sebum reacts with oxygen from the air and gets oxidized and turns black.
Causes that Leads to the Formation of Blackheads:
Various objects result in secretion of blackheads from the sebaceous glands.
- The sebaceous glands produce an excess amount of sebum.
- Hormonal changes:
- Hormonal changes often lead to blackheads and acne. During puberty, hormones trigger a lot.
- If the skin is not cleaned properly:
- Dead skin cells can accumulate in the pores. Your pores become clogged, and the clogs lead to oil buildup.
- If you use oil-based cosmetics or moisturizers, they can also stimulate blackhead development. Talk to your doctor about the cosmetics that will work best for your skin.
- An excess of androgen hormones in adult women may increase the risk of blackheads and other forms of acne
- Cosmetics, cleansers, and clothing that block or cover pores
- Heavy sweating or high humidity.
- Dietary factors, disease or medical reasons.
Effects of Blackheads
- Embarrassment and reduced self-esteem may affect as many as half of adolescents with blackheads.
- Adolescents with acne may experience other people avoiding them, calling them names, teasing, bullying and asking questions
- Feelings resulting from acne can lead to social problems such as avoidance of activities
- Being noticed for choosing different clothing as a result of acne also affects young people
- Skin irritation and pain resulting from blackheads can lead to problems with sleep.
Natural Methods of Removal of Blackheads:
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is an anti-bacterial spice that can be used to make an aromatic face mask that offers all sorts of benefits to the skin, including the removal of blackheads. It also helps to eliminate flaky skin as well as acne, and it can be used as a body scrub for a smoother, more glowing complexion.
- Mix one part organic cinnamon with two parts honey to form a paste.
- Apply a thin layer over blackheads.
- Leave the paste on for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash off with your favorite all-natural cleanser, and then follow up with a moisturizer.
- Honey: Honey is both antibacterial and antiseptic, properties that help remove blackheads by destroying germs or impurities that clog pores, making it another excellent choice for those with acne-related blackheads.Honey also acts as a natural antibiotic, helping to pull dirt from the pores of the skin to clear blackheads as well as tightening and hydrating the pores for a clearer complexion.
Remove Blackheads with Honey by:
- Heat about a tablespoon of pure raw honey in a small jar until it is warm to the touch (placing the jar of honey into a bowl of boiling water will do the trick).
- Dab some of the warm honey onto any blackheads and allow it to soak in for about 10 minutes.
- Remove with a warm, damp cloth.
You can leave this treatment on overnight for even greater results, rinsing it off in the morning. Repeat daily.
Turmeric is one of the best medicinal spices there is, offering powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. The popular cooking spice will stain skin if applied to treat blackheads, but by using Kasturi turmeric, a non-edible variety, you can avoid that as it is non-staining.
To use Kasturi Turmeric for Eliminating Blackheads:
- Mix a small amount of Kasturi turmeric with water or coconut oil to form a paste.
- Dab the paste onto blemishes and let it soak in for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.