Miami, the land of the beautiful beaches, never ending nightlife, sun-kissed skin and adventures. Miami just not only a place to party but there are many museums where you can take a family trip and learn new things. Let’s go for a brief trip to Miami and what all wonders it stores for travel lovers.
Museums and Aquariums to Visit in Miami
List of seeing what all different museums and aquariums we can visit:
- Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science
Philip and Patricia Frost Museum holds something for people of every age. Spread over 250,000 square feet, Frost Museum has an aquarium, exhibition, and planetarium. It organizes several events throughout the year. It will take at least couple of days to visit all the four buildings in the museum. Frost Museum also have various ongoing projects one of which is Feathered Friends, where they accept the injured raptors and cure them. You can book the tickets through ‘Buy Tickets’ option available on the website. The museum organizes monthly laser light show which is again you don’t want to miss.
- Perez Art Museum
This museum is not very old but has many things to offer. It displays the art of much famous and some new artists. The second Saturday of the month has the free entry and on third Thursday is the music festival day. There are various family oriented; museum inspired games that are organized in the museum for the entertainment of visitors.
- Miami Seaquarium
One of my favorite place to visit in Miami. Miami Seaquarium has a different variety of sea creatures; it also has dolphin show where visitors can take a picture with the dolphins on request. A fun full place for the kids and sea creature loving adults.
- Miami Children’s Museum
This place is not just for the kids, but it also offers fun for adults. The entire setting in the museum is colorful and fun for the kids. It teaches kids about the finance, a mock of the Bank of America is made. Along with that kids can make or design their currency which they enjoy quite a bit.
- Hemingway Home and Museum
In this museum, was the home of Ernest Hemingway. It shows the things own by Hemingway and Snowball.
Beaches and Islands to Visit in Miami
Beach lovers, Miami’s is our heaven you have been searching for all your life. It has many diverse types of beaches all over. Let’s see what Miami holds for us:
- Key Biscayne
It is the southernmost beach/island in Miami also called ‘Key’. It is a small island where you can find some of the finest hotels and restaurants. If you are looking to spend some quality time with your family and friends enjoying the sea view and sunset with fantastic food and booze. This is the place you must visit. There are various cycling and jogging trails, state parks with scenic view, waterfront parks for kids and adults to have fun in the water. Every year, Miami Open Tennis Tournament is organized here where you might get the glimpse of celebrities.
- South Beach
This beach is always surrounded by locals as well as tourists. There are many shops, outdoor setting restaurants, bars. You will see people walking and enjoying the beautiful sunset. There are many distinct types of clubs offering a variety of music and culture. These clubs are open till late in the night, or I must say early in the morning. The Ocean Drive in the South Beach is a place where you want to spend your evening drinking and relaxing.
- Miami Beach
Miami Beach is a separate island which is connected to the mainland of Miami through bridges. Art Deco District is on this island. Another tourist attraction is the ocean drive.
Bars, Club, and let’s Dance
Miami is a beautiful place to place. But it is not only famous for its natural beauty and beaches but also, it’s nightlife.
- Craft Beers at Wynwood: If you a beer lover, this is your spot. This place has a butcher shop, beer garden, and restaurants. This place is the home of various homemade beers, and you can get to pick from some local breweries. The place is spacious and has plenty of seatings.
- Lincoln Road: Lincoln road is an open pedestrian mall with various high-end shops, local stores, luxury boutiques, many restaurants offering diverse kinds of cuisine, a giant candy store for kids, the artist performing on streets, live music, lightings, you say this street have it.
- LIV: LIV is one of the most opulent clubs in Miami. It offers you larger than life ambiance, music, dance floor. There is a vast sitting area for the people who wants just to enjoy music and drink. Many celebrities and singers enjoy spending some of their vacation enjoying in this club. This club has been featured in various movies like Godfather, Scarface.
- Ball and Chain: Cuban culture mainly influences this place; the must try thing is the different Cuban From Thursday to Saturday, you can enjoy live Jazz and Salsa lovers; night is yours. At night, salsa dancers take over the dance floor. If you enjoy dancing, this is your spot.
- Design District’s Palm Court: Palm Court is not just a place for fashion and art, but it also is known for its design and architecture. Many famous designers and brands have their stores in Palm Court.
Parks, Cultures, and Nature
Miami rich is its natural beauty and has much to offer. There are many parks and gardens where you can spend some peaceful time appreciating the beauty around you.
- Little Havana: It is the home of the large Cuban community. There is so much to explore in this community regarding people, food, and their culture. Every year in March, there is the biggest street party which is organized in Little Havana which you don’t want to miss if you are planning to go to Miami in March. There are various shops where you can find the records of the local singer. It is a very friendly neighborhood where you can find people sitting out in porch and talking to others. You can interact with locals and learn more about the Cuban
- Crandon Park: It is one of the best beach location for a family It has been on the top list of people since last 25 years. Perfect spot for a family picnic, Sunday morning brunch, take your partner on for a date to see the most amazing sunset.
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden: This tropical garden is spread across 83-acre of land. The place has a different type of flora and fauna and gives its visitor chance to enjoy the up-close bond with nature. You can experience several types of the plantation which you might not see outside the garden at the same place. It organizes Mango festival in every year. You can also get souvenirs from the gift shop in the backyard to keep your trip memorable.
- Kampong: This placed before becoming a botanical garden was the home of the famous Botanist Dr. Fairchild who found the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden. This place is the home of two rare species, and many famous personalities have visited this place. Another good option if you are a nature lover and enjoy knowing about the different
- Jungle Island: It has various kinds of parrots and another zoo animal. Children can purchase the seeds from the store and feed them to Parrots. This part of the trip is which kids enjoy a lot.
Try Something Yummy
Miami has some of the top restaurants which offer a variety of cuisine. You can enjoy some homemade or local cuisines influenced by Cuban culture.
- Azucar Ice Cream Company: Here you can get the popular ice cream flavors with the twist of some additional local or Cuban flavor. The company owner likes to play with the tastes by using different ingredients.
- Versailles Restaurants: Influenced by the Cuban culture, Versailles restaurant has many delicious Cuban dishes to offer. The interior of the restaurant is again influenced by Cuban culture and is decorated with a wall of wall mirrors.
- Tropical Fruit at Robert: You can find a wide range of fresh tropical fruits in this farm. Initially, when it started in 1959, all the fruits were home grown but now since the demand has increased most of the products are imported. The farm setting is beautiful, and people enjoy going to the farm.
- Dynasty at the Forge: This restaurant provides one of the most exotic dining experience. It has an extensive collection of the wine from all over the world which is served to the customers. It is the first choice of people who wants to organize high-end Many celebrities like to dine in this restaurant.
- Knaus Berry Farm: It is famous for its homemade cinnamon rolls fruit milkshakes and upside down fruit cake. In this farm, you can go for strawberry and tomato picking with your family and friends.